ESC Module availability >

ESC Module availability

Notices

ESC Module availability

Old 04-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ESC Module availability

I have a 94 454 mag mpi with a faulty esc module. It was throwing codes 42 and 43 with the key on. Plugged in an esc from a tbi 5.7 chevy truck and codes did not return. So i looked up the part number of the merc esc module to find #805443 is no longer available. I have called many parts places and can't locate one. I even tried to cross the gm part number stamped on it with chevy dealers and nothing found. My question is could i use an esc from like a 454 2500 chevy truck? I don't know the timing retard characteristics of this particular module. I appreciate any knowledge.

thanks

Brian
Old 04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

thats a hard ? to answer..with it having a code 43 which is a low power issue i would make sure its getting the proper voltage first..like you stated we dont know the timing curve on a stock 454 est module..check in the swap shop section,their were a few complete systems forsale a whilr ago..
Old 04-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, i was thinking maybe some tuners on here would know the timing characteristics from playing around. This module seems to be pretty widely used, can't believe its discontinued or not even available aftermarket.