supercharer compatibility???? >

supercharer compatibility????

Notices

supercharer compatibility????

Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharer compatibility????

hey everyone. i have a whipple supercharger i took off my 97 yukon before i sold it, which was a 350 bbc 5.7l

now my questions are, i have a mercruiser 454, mid 90's, i believe the manifolds are different, but would i be able to hook this charger up to the motor all the same? i havent looked at the parts side by side, i have them in storage roughly an hour away, but this things in excellent condition, has roughly 20 hours on it and is just sitting around collecting dust so to be able to incorporate it into my build would be awesome. next questions is, are the manifolds for the 454 and the 502 the same?
Old 04-29-2011, 08:27 PM
Registered

Yes the intakes are the same on a big block. I believe the auto Whipple won’t handle the load that a marine engine will put on it… I know the bearings are different. Call Dustin at Whipple he will guide you the right way.
Old 04-30-2011, 08:14 AM
Registered

A supercharger designed to boost a 5.7 might get very inefficiant when spun fast enough to boost a 7.4.