Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
350 Mag cutting out at WOT >

350 Mag cutting out at WOT

Notices

350 Mag cutting out at WOT

Old 05-13-2011, 03:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a Q-jet carb, and I just replaced the filter last night, haven't had a chance to test it yet.

I'm honestly not sure how fast the tach dropped. I heard it start to chug, and immediately checked the Oil, temp and voltage gauges as I throttled back. They were all solid, and as I throttled back, it started to run properly. I was only about 200 yards from the launch, so I idled in without testing anything else out. I didn't want to blow something up before I had a chance to poke around and check the basics.

Thanks
-Rob
Old 05-13-2011, 03:39 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

Originally Posted by RivMan
It's a Q-jet carb, and I just replaced the filter last night, haven't had a chance to test it yet.

I'm honestly not sure how fast the tach dropped. I heard it start to chug, and immediately checked the Oil, temp and voltage gauges as I throttled back. They were all solid, and as I throttled back, it started to run properly. I was only about 200 yards from the launch, so I idled in without testing anything else out. I didn't want to blow something up before I had a chance to poke around and check the basics.

Thanks
-Rob
so you checked the filter at the carb then? i remember you saying when you unscrewed the in line filter it was under pressure and its not suppose to be which indicates then the carb filter may be plugged.
Old 05-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mrfixxall
so you checked the filter at the carb then? i remember you saying when you unscrewed the in line filter it was under pressure and its not suppose to be which indicates then the carb filter may be plugged.
I saw that pressure when I unscrewed the inlet into the filter that's built into the quadrajet to change it. I haven't tried it with the new filter yet. If that filter shouldn't be under pressure, I guess I found my problem!

Thanks
-Rob

Last edited by RivMan; 05-13-2011 at 03:55 PM.
Old 05-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Registered

Just an update for anyone that might find this thread in the future.

I replaced the Fuel Filter and Water Fuel Separator, and she's running like a top!

Thanks guys
-Rob
Old 05-23-2011, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Feels good again doesn't it ?
Old 05-23-2011, 10:16 AM
Registered

Sure does!