cold water cold air cold motor >

cold water cold air cold motor

Notices

cold water cold air cold motor

Old 05-14-2011, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default cold water cold air cold motor

Hey guys u run t-stats? 600 merlin 1071 blower. Open cooling setup very hard to get oil temp up. Has big oil cooler with a t-stat for the oil that is working. Just cold motor scares me.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would advise to run a thermostat. Mine was always 2-3minutes to warm up. You want it to get oil to at least 212* at a good cruise rpm. That temp reading needs to be taken before the oil goes through the cooler. You want the oil temp to reach at least 212* at some point. Best place to take the reading is in the pan.

Do you have any milky oil from condisation if not they are getting to 212* the boiling poit to evaporate condinsation? Ideal oil temps from a warm idle to after a WOT run would be from around 180-230*

Best way to check oil temp is to get one of the infared temp readers with a laser pointer and point it at the oil pan.
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...0002_389513_-1

Last edited by Velocity Vector; 05-14-2011 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:36 PM
Registered

Thank you Yes i have condisation in oil and i hate it!! And i know its not good!! Just love this boat and motor do not want to hurt it. So you think start with t-stat? I am getting temps from pan. And have check with a infared temp gun too. Is the best thing to do is closed cooling set up i was looking in to this last year too. Or you think T-stat will do the trick.

Again Thank you for your help!! Matt
Old 05-14-2011, 12:43 PM
Registered

Where would i out the t-stat?
Attached Thumbnails cold water cold air cold motor-phone-pics-vid-005.jpg  
Old 05-14-2011, 01:06 PM
Registered

Default Few more pics

Here is a few pics of set up..... Boy pics make her look nasty she is real clean haha
Attached Thumbnails cold water cold air cold motor-imag0071.jpg   cold water cold air cold motor-imag0072.jpg   cold water cold air cold motor-imag0073.jpg  

cold water cold air cold motor-imag0074.jpg   cold water cold air cold motor-imag0075.jpg  

Last edited by skydog; 05-14-2011 at 01:15 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:18 PM
Registered

Water comes in boat to sea strainer there is a PSI relief valve on the sea tank then goes to pump from pump to oil cooler from oil cooler to front of motor in.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ive nerer run one ,but I run a restrictor:Moroso" but the water down here gets warmer than yours.

Does the front of your intake have the waterneck hole like pick? It looks like you have the comp style intake that doesent have the waterneck provision?

whipple Teague with #12's on it
Attached Thumbnails cold water cold air cold motor-neworleans-race-8-2-08-003-large-.jpg  
Attached Images  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.

Last edited by Strip Poker 388; 05-14-2011 at 03:33 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:08 PM
Registered

My intake has no fitting on the front. What is restrictor:Moroso? You are talking about how does that work

Last edited by skydog; 05-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by skydog
I don't think my intake does I will go look. What is restrictor:Moroso? You are talking about how does that work

It restricts water flow,if water flows tofast thru the motor is will not dissipate the heat.If you end up using a thremastat drill some holes in it.

My whipple takes the water off the back of the intake and dumps over board,gets rid of air pockets in the back of the head,its about 1/4 hose.Ive been told its worth around 15hp??

My littlefield blower like yours I didnt run a stat,but did run the water from the rear of the intake to the front #12.T'ed into it,My whipple came with the Moroso ristrictors,motor runs from 115-135.It takes awhile for my oil temp to get up,same oil therm you have.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MOR-63440

ya can see the t fitting on the front alitte in the pick
Attached Thumbnails cold water cold air cold motor-scarab-1engine-medium-.jpg   cold water cold air cold motor-0002.jpg  

Old 05-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Rob
VIP Member

you might beable to make this work

Teague or bds prob makes a cast version cheaper,or something like itick"

ya prob have to make a bracket to hold the housing

http://teaguecustommarine.com//store...ord=thermostat

I had them make mine with the male #12 hose fitting to run the braid to the exhaust like yours.
your smaller hose make restrick it enough? On my Scarab blower motor like yours had a little condesation under the vavle cover all the time, not enough to hurt anything.
Attached Thumbnails cold water cold air cold motor-tcm-1541-12bm.jpg  
Attached Images  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.