Who cares!
4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

89 292 Deck Graphics Opinion.

Old 05-17-2011, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
I say go white.....then if it looks to bare then have a graphics guy print up some vinyl to match what is there now.....easy on/easy off.....best of both worlds.......
That's exactly my point.
Old 05-17-2011, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too would make it all white (along with the rub rail) and see what it looks like. If it looks bare then try a solid lighter gray that matches the side of the boat (maybe one shade lighter, you won't be able to see the difference). I hate dark colors on the deck. They burn my feet!
Old 05-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it were me, I would sand it and take a look at it with it all white. If you dont like it, you can design something custom, or do the original design again!
Old 05-18-2011, 06:23 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the original, classic look...think the all white would look way to plain...would not change unless you do the whole boat....
Old 05-18-2011, 08:53 AM
Registered

Received 310 Likes on 182 Posts

I'd paint it white and use vinly to replicate the original grafics.

Are you saying your rubrail is black? If so I would paint it white. I would think a black rubrail would get hot in the sun.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Keep the classic lines!

People are starting to appreciate the look of these classic old offshore boats. If you go all white, or change it to more "modern" graphics, then IMO it will just blend in with all the newer boats that are running around out there. Like a classic Chevelle or Camaro, it stands out from the crowd as it is now. I have an old Baja, and I usually get a lot of comments on how clean it is and how people like seeing an older restored boat still running on the water. Those are timeless graphics on that boat, and IMO you should keep them.

Look on the bright side - at least you have good colors on it! You could have ended up with one that has the "South Beach" pink and teal color scheme!

PS - That is exactly the boat that I would like to step up to from my Baja that I have now. I love the look of those old Formulas. Good luck with it!

BTW - I swapped out my old teak swim platform for a fiberglass one off of a Bandit. It looks much better than the wood, but it is a brighter white than the rest of the hull. At first I considered repainting it to match, but the color difference has toned down over the years. Why don't you see if you can get a short piece of the white rubrail to see how it looks? Have you considered stainless?

Last edited by Budman II; 05-18-2011 at 10:00 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater
I'd paint it white and use vinly to replicate the original grafics.

Are you saying your rubrail is black? If so I would paint it white. I would think a black rubrail would get hot in the sun.
I think I'm going to repaint it. Imron will be a little more than vinyl but it will look better and last longer. For some reason the rubrail was missing when I bought the boat. So it needs to be replaced. I talked to GlasDave about the white and he thinks I'll be fine with it matching.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by Budman II
People are starting to appreciate the look of these classic old offshore boats. If you go all white, or change it to more "modern" graphics, then IMO it will just blend in with all the newer boats that are running around out there. Like a classic Chevelle or Camaro, it stands out from the crowd as it is now. I have an old Baja, and I usually get a lot of comments on how clean it is and how people like seeing an older restored boat still running on the water. Those are timeless graphics on that boat, and IMO you should keep them.

Look on the bright side - at least you have good colors on it! You could have ended up with one that has the "South Beach" pink and teal color scheme!

PS - That is exactly the boat that I would like to step up to from my Baja that I have now. I love the look of those old Formulas. Good luck with it!

BTW - I swapped out my old teak swim platform for a fiberglass one off of a Bandit. It looks much better than the wood, but it is a brighter white than the rest of the hull. At first I considered repainting it to match, but the color difference has toned down over the years. Why don't you see if you can get a short piece of the white rubrail to see how it looks? Have you considered stainless?

I'm not going to touch the side graphics! This is my favorite design/colors from formula. Everything about it is fairly timeless. There is nothing really bold or flashy about it, which I like. I like the comparison of the "classic" Formula to a classic Chevelle. I prefer a restored one anyday over an "updated" one. Either way, I know what I'm doing now! I'll be repainting the original design.

Thanks everyone for chiming in on this!!!!