K&N Flame Arrestors >

K&N Flame Arrestors

Notices

K&N Flame Arrestors

Old 05-29-2002, 11:29 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K&N Flame Arrestors

Hi everyone, this is my first post. This is an AWESOME board, I've been browsing for a few days and saw 5 or 6 users with exactly the same questions that I had. Only I was wondering where I could find an answer. Until now.

Has anyone had any noticable success installing K&N FLame arrestors on 502's.

They claim anywhere between 2-8% HP increase. Sounds like cheap horsepower.
Old 05-29-2002, 10:13 PM
Registered

Well you made it to the bottom of the page with 47 people who looked at your post and did not even say welcome! so welcome from all of us to all of you.This post should send you back to the top where some one might tell you if there are gains with KN.I started out with one but not for more performance gains if any only to keep my air filtered maybe just a little better. James
Old 05-30-2002, 07:05 AM
Registered

Welcome to the board Lickitysplit...I ran the K&N's on my last boat but didn't know the performance gains as they were on it when I bought it....I have heard that people put them on while dynoing their engines and experienced no power loss...hope this helps....one other thing , they look nicer than the stock stuff....Fred
Old 05-30-2002, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

We put them on 454 Mags,If you look at the stock set-up copared to the K&Ns they gotta help breath! If nothing else,they look cool
Old 05-30-2002, 11:10 AM
CRUBOSS

Default FLAME ARRESTOR OR AIRFILTER ?

WE USED TO USE THE K&N FILTERS IN OUR FLAME ARRESTORS. BUT NOW WE HAVE SETTLED IN ON THE 5 LAYERS OF STAINLESS STEEL SCREEN. YOU REALY DON'T HAVE A LOT OF DUST AND DIRT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE LAKE OR THE OCEAN. AND THE SCREEN LETS THE MOTOR BREATH BETTER. KEITH EICKERT HAS 10" ROUND POLISHED FLAME ARRESTORS WITH 3 " SCREEN ON SALE FOR $175.00 TO FIT 5" THROAT OR DOMINATORS . GOOD LUCK.

Old 05-31-2002, 11:05 AM
Registered

I feel if I can ad the KN and have no loss then it is worth it !Cruboss you say there is no dust or dirt offshore not going to argue but I trailer mine allover the place and my engine box is not as clean as one might think,and when we are on the beach don't beleave that some of it doesn't make it back to the boat.