carb set up help needed >

carb set up help needed

Notices

carb set up help needed

Old 05-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default carb set up help needed

I have a big block in SUPRA COMP SKI BOAT THAT IS DIRECT DRIVE, SO MOTOR SITS AT A DEEP ANGLE. i WANT TO CHANGE CAM AND INTAKE AND DITCH THE EDLEBROK CARB, i AM GOING TO RUN AFTER ALUMINUM INTAKE. BUT MY WEDGE PLATE HAS THE SPREADBORE PATTERN ON BOTTOM. HOW CAN I AFFECTLY MOUNT THIS WEDGE PLATE TO A AFTERMARKET INTAKE AND NOT HAVE A VACUM LEAK. WAS GOING TO RUN A EDLEBROK BIG BLOCK RPM INTAKE. THABNKS GUYS.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:13 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Would one of these work?
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performan...ductId=1278810

http://www.jegs.com/i/Edelbrock/350/...17#moreDetails

http://www.jegs.com/i/Holley/510/17-...oductId=757966
Old 05-18-2011, 11:16 PM
Registered

my problem is this, bottom of wedge plate is q-jet and wanna put it on a standard aftermarket dual plane manifold
Old 05-18-2011, 11:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fkboatman
my problem is this, bottom of wedge plate is q-jet and wanna put it on a standard aftermarket dual plane manifold
So can't you put one of these adapters on the intake first and then your wedge plate on top of it? What carb do you plan to run on top of your wedge plate.
Old 05-18-2011, 11:40 PM
Registered

run a holley, but dont have the room under engine cover to do that, there would be no room for flame arrestor, and that would mean , i would need to make room in the glove box for the tickets for no flame arrestor,lol
Old 05-18-2011, 11:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fkboatman
run a holley, but dont have the room under engine cover to do that, there would be no room for flame arrestor, and that would mean , i would need to make room in the glove box for the tickets for no flame arrestor,lol
So will a holley bolt up to your wedge plate? Are you even going to have room for a taller intake like an RPM? I know the engine cover in them ski boats is right on top of the engine. You may have to use a different intake thats for a Q jet.