Water Pressure relief valves >

Water Pressure relief valves

Notices

Water Pressure relief valves

Old 06-06-2002, 02:07 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chit man, where were YOU at LOTO? lol! When you get a chance send me some info...

pb-That's pretty much the way I was going to do it. I can't recall who's system this is...but I know that it was posted on the Tech section.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:08 PM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

vette,
Were do you mainly boat. I have a lake house in Decatur Michigan and go through NW Indiana quite regularly to get there. Wolffies Competition engines out of Baroda did my rebuild and I am VERY satisfied. Ever heard of Diamond Lake? Nice place to boat. Wife and I are planning to make a day trip down there when we get the motor dialed in... which is just about there. We should meet some time.

Paul
Old 06-06-2002, 02:21 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WOW!!! Small World!

My grandparents retired in Cassopolis and my uncle has a cottage on Diamond Lake. It is a very nice lake, but the DNR was all over me about noise and speed the last time I had my boat out there about 4 yrs. ago. I get up there from time to time, but I don't take my boat. I do my boating on Pine Lake which is about 1 Mi. from my home in LaPorte. It is a small lake, but no speed or noise limits! When you get it dialed in bring it to LaPorte and we'll do some radar runs and you can check out the water pressure control. We can send the wives out in the pontoon and let them get some sun while we rip it up. Weekends are busy on Pine from 11:00 to about 6:00.
Old 06-06-2002, 02:42 PM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

vette,
Will do!! I would love to see a clone of my boat doing 95mph. You got me by about 20mph. The wife loves to go fast. But she also enjoys boat drinks on our pontoon as well.

Paul
Old 06-28-2002, 08:44 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Just thought I would update this thread on the McMaster pressure relief valves. We installed them on a 47 Fountain, triple 500's that were burying the 35# pressue gauges. The valves were simply installed by removing a plug from the intake manifold and screwing them in, taking the dump water overboard. We adjusted the pressures to 22-25 psi at WOT. The system is VERY simple and works great.

Paul
Old 06-28-2002, 09:30 AM
Registered

pb;

What are your water temps with that set-up. Are you running a crossover or the stock merc set-up. It seems effectively you would be bypassing the thermostat which would cause low water temperatures.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:39 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

The owner of the boat reported 160* consistently.
No crossovers. Stock Merc setup.
Old 06-28-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

My question is why a stock merc set-up would have such high pressures before the mods??
Old 06-28-2002, 09:58 AM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Engine builder replaced impellers in water pumps.
We had the same thought of why the pressures were so high. Seems to correlate with the impeller change.
Old 06-28-2002, 10:34 AM
Registered

It seems if that were the case it would be easier to put stock merc impellers back in and be done with it. But that still doesn't make any sense.

Quick Reply: Water Pressure relief valves

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.