fuel pump wiring >

fuel pump wiring

Notices

fuel pump wiring

Old 05-31-2002, 03:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel pump wiring

I am going to put electric fuel pumps between my tank and the mechanical pumps and want to wire them to start and shut off with oil pressure.I run VDO guaues which require VDO senders which I think work a little different then the normal senders.I would really like someone to tell me how to wire these.Thanks
Fish
Old 05-31-2002, 05:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Holley, Mr Gasket and a couple of other companys make a fuel pump safety switch. The switch has three connections. Just tee it in to where one of your two oil senders are. (Lower port side of the back of the motor or on the block right behind the end seal for the intake.) I am assuming we're talking big block Chevy Two wires run from your ignition switch. One from the "start" terminal and one from the "run" terminal. Use 12 gauge wire. Each one connects to a specific lug on the safety switch Then one wire runs from the safety switch to the fuel pump itself. Now you will have power to the pump when you're cranking the engine or the engine is running (as indicated by the switch seeing the oil pressure) Drop me a line if you have any questions [email protected].

Craig