Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
There "put in cart" links are messed up. The cost is $1100 >

There "put in cart" links are messed up. The cost is $1100

Notices

There "put in cart" links are messed up. The cost is $1100

Old 06-03-2002, 02:22 AM
bganthis

Default There "put in cart" links are messed up. The cost is $1100

I called em on the phone and told them their site was saying the same price for ALL KITS.

I cut and past the URL and edited it for the right kit and the right price showed up.

Other than that. So. I can't afford to put any more than $1100 in mods right now. I want to get out on the lake before summer really gets going.

Should I just rebuild back to specs then? I dont want to put this kit on if you guys think its not a good setup.

Bummer.

So should I just go back to stock/reliable like it was?

Old 06-03-2002, 07:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi,
my .02$ is your $1100 budget would be much better spent in other ways than on that kit which will leave you dissapointed . i would look for a set of used hi po rectangular port heads. they aren't too hard to find for around $500 depending on the condition. casting# is 14096801. have the heads milled to raise the compression about 1/2 point. about $40 per head. if your lucky you can get a used intake, also the large rec. port to match your heads. it may need to be cut also if you mill the heads. the stock intakes, dual plane high rise units are really good. block the exhaust cross-over completely with your intake gasket selection. and install a new cam and fast bleed lifters with around 110* LSA and not too much duration so you still make decent low end torque with big flowing heads. you will need to re-jet your weber which isn't a bad unit at all for your application. later, when you can, get some lightning headers, steve snider sells them in the classifieds on this board for $1500. you may find heads there also.
good luck, personally; i would wait now that boating season has started and run what you have until winter. Fran
Old 06-03-2002, 11:49 AM
bganthis

Looks like I messed up by starting a new topic. What was I doing? LOL

Anyways.

Well I have got NO good responses about this kit so I am going to go back to STOCK for now.

Im glad someone realized what this NEW post was about.

Thanks