Raylar "CoolGap" intake manifold >

Raylar "CoolGap" intake manifold

Notices

Raylar "CoolGap" intake manifold

Old 07-08-2011, 12:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BBADWS6
Im sure that Ray knows what he is doing..... just like many other engine builders that perform this work on a daily basis.

Steve, I believe you got a bit off topic. My comment was that CFM numbers are not proprietary. The work that does into making the incredible CFM numbers is proprietary, and not easily duplicated.

Obviously you want all of your components to match up properly, if you want a high performance, efficient engine.
Comparing a Raylar CoolGap intake to a stock intake is not really a mine is bigger than yours... Simply, it would be nice to see stock VS the CoolGap intake, plotted on a 2D CFM chart.

Im not planning on buying one, but I am fascinated with the capabilities of expert machinists who can manipulate mild engines into making big numbers.

thats why they get the big money
Old 07-08-2011, 09:54 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

OK. Now that that flurry of activity is over back to my original thread, does anybody (excluding Raylar) have any air bench data on the Raylar Cool Gap intake manifold?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

raylars work is a huge combination of things from the bottom of the 496 up.......i thought of doing a kit for mine....
the stock 496 intake and rays are like comparing apples and oranges
2 completely different things
even if you get the flow numbers without cam,throw,lift,volumetric efficiency/heads etc etc it means nothing.....
no disrespect intended ray you have done incredible work with this engine im a big fan of efi systems
but there are way better platforms out there to start with that are turnkey with more hp for the same or less cost
Old 07-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Centsless
raylars work is a huge combination of things from the bottom of the 496 up.......i thought of doing a kit for mine....
even if you get the flow numbers without cam,throw,lift,volumetric efficiency/heads etc etc it means nothing.....
no disrespect intended ray you have done incredible work with this engine im a big fan of efi systems
but there are way better platforms out there to start with that are turnkey with more hp for the same or less cost
I already have all the goodies (including Ray's intake) and the numbers....except the intake flow numbers. I just like to keep tinkering. It is a hobby of mine.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Centsless
What many seem to forget is that MOST people who own a 496 and want to go faster are NEVER willing to junk that engine and all the accessories only to start over.

If you have a 496 and you are interested in the 500 - 600 HP range, it's the best, only game in town that enables literally ALL of your accessories to go back where they were without the need for very expensive, custom brackets and re-mounting points.

Of course if you had a "different" platform to start with, it's a game changer. But if your boat came with a 496.. That's your platform.

Raylar is not necessarily for the guy who already owns a good timed out 502 based engine. Raylar is for the guy who has a 496 and budget to match.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
OK. Now that that flurry of activity is over back to my original thread, does anybody (excluding Raylar) have any air bench data on the Raylar Cool Gap intake manifold?
Again, keeping in mind that this intake is designed for a very specific purpose, I doubt seriuosly that you will find someone with a dyno and the where-with-all to do this test on an intake only.

The bigger engine builders could give a chit less about anything 496 and the folks who are interested can not justify spending the time and money just to get those numbers when it really won't matter to them anyway.

We're not splitting the atom here.. But you could always buy the kit and simply reverse engineer it.

Not to be smart azz -

I didn't realize you have everyting. So you're set. Hit the lab.

Last edited by SDFever; 07-10-2011 at 12:24 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 03:44 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

I'm glad everybody in the world loves the Raylar product.

All I am interested in at the moment is airflow bench cfm numbers on the Raylar CoolGap intake manifold...not dyno data...not to steal anything.... I already purchased that Raylar CoolGap intake manifold FROM RAY and prefered to keep it on my engine for now if someone else already has that data and does not mind sharing it. I think that was what I clearly asked for at the start of this thread. I also do not recal at any time addressing that request to Ray. If nobody has that data then so be it but I am still asking.

Last edited by Rage; 07-10-2011 at 03:49 PM.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rage
I'm glad everybody in the world loves the Raylar product.

All I am interested in at the moment is airflow bench cfm numbers on the Raylar CoolGap intake manifold...not dyno data...not to steal anything.... I already purchased that Raylar CoolGap intake manifold FROM RAY and prefered to keep it on my engine for now if someone else already has that data and does not mind sharing it. I think that was what I clearly asked for at the start of this thread. I also do not recal at any time addressing that request to Ray. If nobody has that data then so be it but I am still asking.
I'm not "in love" with anyone.

I wasn't implying that you were "stealing" anything at all. I personally would not have an interest even if you did..

I said you should reverse engineer it to get what you want cause you would probably be only the 2nd person to ever get that info.

My previous commentation was merely based on common sense regarding the in-depth details on that box. Again, if you think about it, there would be no reason under the sun for another owner or mechanic to have that number unless it came from their dyno (which is not what you're asking for).

Wudoino -
Old 07-17-2011, 09:02 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Raylar CoolGap Intake Manifold Air Flow Bench Testing

To get this thread back on track:

Has anyone tested this intake manifold on an air bench. I would be interested in the flow numbers if anyone has.

http://www.raylarengine.com/kits.html