Ignition trouble 7.4 >

Ignition trouble 7.4

Notices

Ignition trouble 7.4

Old 07-12-2011, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ignition trouble 7.4

When I first start out it runs fine. Within 30 minutes if you try to go higher that 3000rpm it starts dropping cylinders. Also trimming the drive up will cause it to drop cylinders. I have already checked and cleaned several electrical connections. I have a battery that is suspect and when I only ran on the other it seemed to run ok for a longer period but ultimately I have the same problems. Its a 1988 boat with the original Thunderbolt ignition. Voltmeter shows it charging. Any ideas?
Old 07-12-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cap/rotor wires, spark plugs fuel/water separator been done lately?
Old 07-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Fixx

Originally Posted by brinkmanship
When I first start out it runs fine. Within 30 minutes if you try to go higher that 3000rpm it starts dropping cylinders. Also trimming the drive up will cause it to drop cylinders. I have already checked and cleaned several electrical connections. I have a battery that is suspect and when I only ran on the other it seemed to run ok for a longer period but ultimately I have the same problems. Its a 1988 boat with the original Thunderbolt ignition. Voltmeter shows it charging. Any ideas?
if it has a webber carb,pull the top and clean the screens under the needle and seats..they tend to get pluggd with crap..