holley jet sizing.... curious what others are running >

holley jet sizing.... curious what others are running

Notices

holley jet sizing.... curious what others are running

Old 08-10-2011, 09:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by morrowcarl72
also.... my intake is neither of the ones you listed but it is an air gap style single plane with a tall neck.... it was actually for my efi set up that came with the replacement motor i bought... it has the holes for the injectors and everything that i momentarily plugged with steel freeze plugs until i get a chance to make the efi work this winter..... dont have any issues with it though
This is just my 2 cents, but if the carb is working without issues and its temporary until you install the efi this winter...I wouldn't go playing around with the jets. You're just as likely to go backward as otherwise. Good luck on what ever you do.
Old 08-10-2011, 02:51 PM
Registered

just in addition to information i have already posted... and questions i have asked.... someone said that the size differences were due to runner length and heat.... well as i was just looking at my intake manifold it seems that the port front is shorter than the port rear and the starboard rear is shorter than the front

wouldnt you want the larger jet on the longer runner or am i A$$ backwards because these numbers would put the shorter runners wit the bigger pills
Old 08-10-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

after closer look at the dart intake mine looks almost the exact same except it basically from a holley avenger set up that marine power converted to mefi1.... but it is the same intake mani and is about the exact same size and dimensions
Old 08-10-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Read post 11. If it's running the way it should then why mess with it?
Old 08-10-2011, 04:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Kidnova
Read post 11. If it's running the way it should then why mess with it?
i really dont think it is running to its potential.... she is a pig out of the hole which is obvious and doesnt bother me as i have had boats in the past that had big pitch props but it falls on its face on the top end which i think could be dude to jetting....

why not try to make more power with a setup if you can....
Old 08-10-2011, 05:14 PM
Registered

Longer runners are sucking harder....smaller jets.

If you average the front and back jetting as Merc did it, you would end up with 78/91. I think you said you were at 72/87. Merc set these up for sea level and to be "safe", so depending on what elevation you are at, it would seem you might be a tad lean, especially in the rear.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:15 PM
Registered

Correction, meant to say especially on the front.
Old 08-10-2011, 05:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by jmaxness
Longer runners are sucking harder....smaller jets.

If you average the front and back jetting as Merc did it, you would end up with 78/91. I think you said you were at 72/87. Merc set these up for sea level and to be "safe", so depending on what elevation you are at, it would seem you might be a tad lean, especially in the rear.
that could make sense... lean on the big end is my fear as it isnt pulling hard allthe way through and it falls on its face.... i am almost exactly at sealevel btw... lake washington in seattle washington
Old 08-11-2011, 05:36 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by morrowcarl72
i really dont think it is running to its potential.... she is a pig out of the hole which is obvious and doesnt bother me as i have had boats in the past that had big pitch props but it falls on its face on the top end which i think could be dude to jetting....

why not try to make more power with a setup if you can....
How much does your boat weigh, how far down is prop shaft center, what prop are you running?
Old 08-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Registered

boat weighs about 3400

not exactly sure what you mean by pro shaft center but my cavitation plate is even with the bottom

boat has a mirage plus 25p

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.