Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
holley jet sizing.... curious what others are running >

holley jet sizing.... curious what others are running

Notices

holley jet sizing.... curious what others are running

Old 08-12-2011, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hard to believe that people (still) run a single plane manifold on a 454 or 502 marine engine (running less than 5500rpm). A good dual plane manifold will work much better than any single plane on almost any engine with less than 540 cubic inches. If you need more airflow, install a carb spacer between the carb and the dual plane manifold (850 cfm @ 5500 rpm is not enough?)! Use the out-of-the box jetting with a dual plane manifold and you will be jetted just fine almost every time.
Dennis Moore
Old 08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by morrowcarl72
boat weighs about 3400

not exactly sure what you mean by pro shaft center but my cavitation plate is even with the bottom

boat has a mirage plus 25p
Another question if ya don't mind.... what is your RPM at top speed with the 25P ?

Prop shaft center is the shaft that your prop is bolted onto. If your Bravo 1 drive is the same as mine (1995 Wellcraft Nova 23) and your cavatation plate is truely even with the bottom of your boat, then your prop shaft center is close to or exceeds 8 inches below the boat. So, your OD is creating allot of drag at higher speeds.

So your RPM is what, at your top speed of what??

edit;;; btw if that is THE Dennis Moore at post 21... listen to what he says.

'nuther edit... I just noiced you're running an elec fuel pump. I expect you have a regulator, do you have a fuel pressure gage?

Last edited by Kidnova; 08-12-2011 at 07:20 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 09:10 AM
Registered

Location: Omaha, Nebraska. Boat on the Mighty Mo! Longest river in the USA!
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

THE Dennis Moore at post 21... listen to what he says.

+1 Get ahold of his book you will learn allot. Or give him a call, he has always been helpfull with me in the past. Visit his website