Exhaust help >

Exhaust help

Notices

Exhaust help

Old 08-08-2011, 04:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust help

So I have an 05' 25 OL SST with the 496 MAG. I also have the corsa quick and quiet 2, non-switchable CA emissions crap. I am looking at the eddie marine tips, y pipe plugs and new hose to make it straight thru. Anyone know if this will work and if it is a direct replacement?
Old 08-08-2011, 06:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Not worth the effort

Changing the 496 to thru-the-transom will make your boat louder (thats for sure) but you will be lucky to increase your top speed by 1 MPH. You may see a performance increase of 3-5 horsepower @ 4800 rpm.

EFI engines don't respond well to exhaust changes unless you also increase fuel rail pressure.

Sorry!

The exhaust pipes are not much of a restriction on a stock 8.1L 496 engine running below 4800 rpm. Changing the exhaust manifolds/risers will help a little more but not much! (the stock 496 manifolds/risers are pretty darn good).
Dennis Moore