whipple instructions >

whipple instructions

Notices

whipple instructions

Old 11-04-2011, 11:20 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whipple instructions

looking for whipple sidemount installation instructions,original or good print...can return original,or pay for printing and mailing
[email protected]
Old 11-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 461 Likes on 271 Posts

I would love to have a set as well.

Thanks
Old 11-04-2011, 06:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I have a set for the 454/502 mag mpi. Would be happy to copy and mail if you cover cost.

pm me with details

Jon
Old 11-04-2011, 07:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

ive got what your looking for pm me
Old 11-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You'll be better off having a custom tune done for your setup rather than using the old technology add on Whipple computer & such.
As far as installing the supercharger it is very simple as well as the plumbing for the inter-cooler.
I would recommend a separate pickup for the inter-cooler. When they are plumbed up to use the raw water pump they tend to cause a rich condition at idle due to the amount of water being passed through the cooler.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
You'll be better off having a custom tune done for your setup rather than using the old technology add on Whipple computer & such.
As far as installing the supercharger it is very simple as well as the plumbing for the inter-cooler.
I would recommend a separate pickup for the inter-cooler. When they are plumbed up to use the raw water pump they tend to cause a rich condition at idle due to the amount of water being passed through the cooler.
Jason did you use a dedicated thru-hull and pickup for the intercooler? If so, where did you choose to mount it?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:10 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
the instructions are not for me....i have one unit for sale,and all the potential buyers want the instructions...thanks for your valuable tips,tho....
Old 11-04-2011, 08:18 PM
Airking
VIP Member

Is there some reason you can not get the instructions and info from Whipple? I would think they would be the best source, but I have been wrong many times. Just a thought. http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/default.asp
Old 11-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by high&Dry
Jason did you use a dedicated thru-hull and pickup for the intercooler? If so, where did you choose to mount it?
Yes, I used dedicated pickups. I mounted them as close to the center of the bottom of the boat as I could just outboard of the bilge plug.
I used 1.25" stainless pickups from Eddie Marine and reduced them down inside the boat with good, professionally fabricated 5/8" hose up to the coolers and plain old 5/8 heater hose out.
I learned a valuable lesson and that was to use AN fittings vs. hose clamp fittings because when both clamps on one hose let go it fills the boat with water very fast at 90mph.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boater8987
Is there some reason you can not get the instructions and info from Whipple? I would think they would be the best source, but I have been wrong many times. Just a thought. http://www.whipplesuperchargers.com/default.asp
When I did my project 5 or 6 years ago, I contacted Art (Dustin's dad) & he sent me a set of instructions. I have since lost them, but they aren't much help unless you're going to use the add on computer, which Art even recommended against.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.