EFI for everyone >

EFI for everyone

Notices

EFI for everyone

Old 03-02-2012, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Holley TBI 550-400, about $2000 for everything including fuel pump and filters. There's a couple guys on here that sell a sandwich adapter to run an 02 bung in your exhaust, just drive around for a couple days while it tunes itself then disconnect the 02 sensor and you're done.
Do you think the 2k investment is worth it? I mean my boat runs fine, I am thinking reliability and fuel savings might pay for itself in the long run. Any additional benefits would be a bonus.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by shaggy1970
Do you think the 2k investment is worth it? I mean my boat runs fine, I am thinking reliability and fuel savings might pay for itself in the long run. Any additional benefits would be a bonus.
It'd take a loooooong time before fuel savings would cover the initial investment. On a completely stock engine with a well tuned carburetor it's probably not worth it. If you have problems with cold or hot starts, stalling, burning too much fuel at cruise etc. it's very worthwhile but if it's running good I'd leave it alone.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Registered

It'd take a loooooong time before fuel savings would cover the initial investment. On a completely stock engine with a well tuned carburetor it's probably not worth it. If you have problems with cold or hot starts, stalling, burning too much fuel at cruise etc. it's very worthwhile but if it's running good I'd leave it alone.
Thank you so much for answering my questions. Do you think there would be any horse power gains? My boat runs great, it has about 370 hours on the motor. Its never had any problems, it starts right up and I think my fuel burn is normal. I guess I have a hole burning in my pocket and thought it might be a fun worth while project but if the experts don't think it worth the money, then I guess I will hang on to my cash. Thanks again for your time.
Old 03-02-2012, 12:57 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Would the holley efi work on a 502 with twin whipple supercharged carb setup?
Meaning that I would like to put 2 4BBL TBI systems with a coil per cilinder
Old 03-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by diesel2fast4u
Would the holley efi work on a 502 with twin whipple supercharged carb setup?
Meaning that I would like to put 2 4BBL TBI systems with a coil per cilinder
Yes you can run dual TBI's with harness # 558-206, and the coil on plug is no problem. The only issue is the dual TB's are only good for about 1000hp.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:09 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes you can run dual TBI's with harness # 558-206, and the coil on plug is no problem. The only issue is the dual TB's are only good for about 1000hp.
Hi 1000hp is perfect. Which computer & tbi's would you use?
Can we order from you? If so pm your mail please
Old 03-02-2012, 07:00 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

You could probably use 2 of these with the Holley ECM, pick the injector size that fits your HP. Run batch fire or bank to bank, self tune option should work as long as you run the 02 sensor. Just a thought.
Attached Thumbnails EFI for everyone-fast-throttle-body.jpg  

Last edited by GPM; 03-02-2012 at 07:06 PM.
Old 03-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 882 Likes on 410 Posts

Lots of throttle body options, RMBuilder got me a good deal on a Scorpion throttle body for my last project, it only measured 1 5/8" tall, was rated to flow 2000 cfm and used a std holley pattern so no reason that throttle bodies should holdback hp on anything, Smitty
http://www.scorpion-performance.info...logGlue_Plugin
Attached Thumbnails EFI for everyone-throttle-body-300x290.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 07:13 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Lots of throttle body options, RMBuilder got me a good deal on a Scorpion throttle body for my last project, it only measured 1 5/8" tall, was rated to flow 2000 cfm and used a std holley pattern so no reason that throttle bodies should holdback hp on anything, Smitty
http://www.scorpion-performance.info...logGlue_Plugin
There are a lot of throttle body options, I believe he was talking TBI with the Holley ecm. The Holley TBI has the injector on the outside and limited size from what I recall.
Attached Thumbnails EFI for everyone-holley-tbi.jpg  
Old 03-03-2012, 08:32 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Alex, what do you think about on a B/B procharged setup ? also thanks for looks for that LS cam for me !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.