EFI for everyone >

EFI for everyone

Notices

EFI for everyone

Old 09-04-2012, 11:33 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In an effort to make this EFI deal even easier we are now offering remote tuning through a REALLY simple and secure online sharing site. Because the Holley software is so easy to navigate, remote tuning is very quick. I've got kits all over Canada, the US, and a couple in the UK and what I've found is if it doesn't fire up right away some people like to push a bunch of buttons on the computer before they get on the phone. This usually makes the phone call a little longer. Remote tuning and data logging will greatly simplify the process for those that are less EFI savvy. It also allows you to see everything I'm doing on your laptop which should help with understanding how the system works. If I'm not near a computer I can watch and data log all your engine parameters on my Iphone in real time and give live feedback while you're running. This is a free service for anyone who purchases a system from me or a complete package from Marine Kinetics. Bob has developed some excellent EFI specific combos, both NA and blown and there's more to come! He can also put together any custom combo you want and we'll match it up with a complete EFI system.
Old 10-18-2012, 06:56 PM
Registered

Default remote tuning

I agree, remote tuning is a great option these days for tune ups and misc. We originally had to use remote beacon controls from shore to boat only, now cell signal technology makes it fairly easy. As long as everyones connection is good it works well as you know, however sometimes at speed it does not work that hot. Here is a misc. video of a misc. remote tune. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDGOz...1&feature=plcp
Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
In an effort to make this EFI deal even easier we are now offering remote tuning through a REALLY simple and secure online sharing site. Because the Holley software is so easy to navigate, remote tuning is very quick. I've got kits all over Canada, the US, and a couple in the UK and what I've found is if it doesn't fire up right away some people like to push a bunch of buttons on the computer before they get on the phone. This usually makes the phone call a little longer. Remote tuning and data logging will greatly simplify the process for those that are less EFI savvy. It also allows you to see everything I'm doing on your laptop which should help with understanding how the system works. If I'm not near a computer I can watch and data log all your engine parameters on my Iphone in real time and give live feedback while you're running. This is a free service for anyone who purchases a system from me or a complete package from Marine Kinetics. Bob has developed some excellent EFI specific combos, both NA and blown and there's more to come! He can also put together any custom combo you want and we'll match it up with a complete EFI system.
Old 10-18-2012, 10:17 PM
Registered

There are a lot of sharp people on this thread with lots of experience with forced induction. I'm interested in your opinion about the diy megasquirt kit. It supports sequential fuel and ignition and has a bunch of data logging tools and it's all unlocked. I think I payed less than 500 for all the parts to do my twin turbo setup in a boat many years ago.
Has anyone looked into it lately. There is a new version that looks pretty feature rich.

I am considering trying it again on my triple 525sc's to save some fuel.
Maybe the holley tbi would be easier but I'd rather go with port to even everything out. Love the idea about injectors in the blowers and trim at the ports.
Old 10-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Registered

Default Mega s

These systems work well if tuned propelry. As an mfg-we cant run anything these days without emissions protocol such as OBD2-M etc to be legal. For aftermarket there are a ton of decent systems. Its really which you get the warm n fuzzy feeling with. Of course each have its quirks. I like the Holley for aftermarket--its pretty simple. We usually use Efi Technology or other brands similar but the $$$$$is up their!
Originally Posted by snapcracklepop
There are a lot of sharp people on this thread with lots of experience with forced induction. I'm interested in your opinion about the diy megasquirt kit. It supports sequential fuel and ignition and has a bunch of data logging tools and it's all unlocked. I think I payed less than 500 for all the parts to do my twin turbo setup in a boat many years ago.
Has anyone looked into it lately. There is a new version that looks pretty feature rich.

I am considering trying it again on my triple 525sc's to save some fuel.
Maybe the holley tbi would be easier but I'd rather go with port to even everything out. Love the idea about injectors in the blowers and trim at the ports.
Old 10-19-2012, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just built a LS turbo camaro drag radial car, using 160lb injectors and E85, running megasquirt and just now testing(we got rained out last night) but seems to work very well, looking at converting my HP500 w/procharger over to EFI with it this winter...but with tuning experiance can't beat the megasquirt
Old 10-19-2012, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm running Electromotive complete set-up on mine. Its distributorless as well.

Pair of 540s, brodix intakes with fuel rails, 1050 HAWK throttle body with a pair of vortech blowers blowing through Procharger intercoolers.
Old 10-19-2012, 08:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

I've been around the EFI scene for over 15 years. Know all the big players in the EFI box scene (BS3, DFI, FAST) Been to John Meany's house, Know Joe Alameddine. I currently run the MS3 on my Vette and I can say it is no different that all the others. The biggest difference I can see is in the aftermarket support and base cals. My MS3 cost 1/2 of what a comparable DFI system would cost. If you want to learn how to tune I would suggest MS. If you want a system that you bolt on and go, then go with one of the others. The biggest advantage I can say MS has over the others is MS is open source code. You dont have to pay to upgrade the box. Out of the box it can do the same as the others, but if you want it to do something funky, then you can write your own code.
Old 10-20-2012, 02:14 AM
Registered

Well put, megasquirt isn't for everyone. I truly have no interest in this product. I just am proud that I was the first boat install. It's cool that a couple of senior automotive engineers / motor heads, thought it would be different if the new technology engines could have open Software development platforms. Anyone could add any performance parts and re-tune themselves. And they could have different maps for different conditions. There is credit due to Bowling and Grippo, I think they are the original guys. I built a twin turbo small block runnig 15 lbs thru a arneson. It was fun, especially with the hot tub over the engine room.
I think understanding a efi system has a lot to do with the mechanical part. You need to understand what the sensons are and what they do. If you can do that and understand performance engines, you can put your own efi together and save a bunch of money and future proof your system.
Holley and others make good plug and play systems for most people but I know there are a few on here that need flexibility and have the depth to explore.
Old 10-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

when I was finishing my race car, I talked to holley, accell, fast, on a computer system, everyone had a different reason their system would not work....well megasquirt does @ less than 1/2 the cost...
Old 10-20-2012, 12:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by ezstriper
when I was finishing my race car, I talked to holley, accell, fast, on a computer system, everyone had a different reason their system would not work....well megasquirt does @ less than 1/2 the cost...
What did the megasquirt do that the Holley wouldn't?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.