Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What plug wires are you running?
Old 12-24-2012, 01:36 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 863 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by ezstriper
Alex, don't doubt what you are saying..but I did talk to one of there guys at length...now info from people is a crapshoot it seems as I could not believe what I was hearing from the different people I spoke to...every one said it would not work for a different reason ??? now I will say that I have about $750 in all the stuff to run mine....so far so good...well except for the RFI interfearance we are working on...thanks again for your help !!!
Mr Gadgets had all kinds of RF issues with his megasquirt too on his blower motor, chased it for a while, maybe he will chime in, Smitty
Old 12-24-2012, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

one major issue was when we tried non-resister plugs...was terrible, running MSD wires right now, but are going to try the factory ones with the shields on the plugs...they show a lot more resistance when you ohm them...also I have a 1 wire alt and the wire runs back thru the car(so master elec switch will work) and I feel it might be to close to computer and crank sensor(but crank & cam sensor wire are shielded) so going to change that as well...won't really know much till march or so now...thanks for all the idea's !!!
Old 12-24-2012, 01:39 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Are you running an MSD box? I've run into RF with Mefi's and an MSD box. That was one of the main reasons that I went to DIS. Make sure you ground the MSD and the ecm as far away from each other as you can. You can also wire in a capacitor where the box is wired. I've had good luck with that eliminating most, if not all, rf.
Eddie
Old 12-25-2012, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No MSD box everything controlled by megasquirt..., thanks Eddie
Old 01-04-2013, 05:40 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
...... if you've got a modern Merc ECM send it to Mark Boos at Precision Marine.
Does Mark Boos have the ability to unlock and software to program the Merc PCM555?

What specific components would be required to convert a 2004 Mercruiser 469HO to the Holley EFI system and their component cost?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yes he does. So does Whipple obviously, and a few others as well. The most common way involves opening the ECU up physically but, I think Mark's hardware/software allows him to tune it more conventionally. Give them a call, www.pmefi.com.

For the Holley all you need is an ecm and a couple harnesses. Everything plugs right in to the factory sensors. The PWM style IAC may take a bit of tweaking but it is tune-able within the software. You can program in guardian functions, as well as warning lights, alarms, etc. I'll PM you some options and pricing if you're interested but it'll be less then $1500 including shipping.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:41 AM
Registered

Haxby.
What's a full holley hp efi kit worth? I know they don't come with injectors or pump but everything else in the kit?
Old 01-05-2013, 07:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Kurt Hamilton
Haxby.
What's a full holley hp efi kit worth? I know they don't come with injectors or pump but everything else in the kit?
A set up for what you want to do would be $3200 for everything including injectors. That's a 2000cfm billet throttle body with IAC, rectangle port intake, fuel rails, regulator, 48# injectors, intake gaskets, all sensors including O2 but no knock, HP ecm, wiring harness, ignition adapter harness, fuel pump block off plate, software and USB cable. It also includes a custom base Cal for your application and free tech support as well as remote tuning and datalogging if required. Holley makes an excellent billet fuel pump that flows about the same as an A1000 but uses less power and is much quieter. It can be remote mounted, or mounted right in the tank, - $250.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
For the Holley all you need is an ecm and a couple harnesses. Everything plugs right in to the factory sensors. The PWM style IAC may take a bit of tweaking but it is tune-able within the software. You can program in guardian functions, as well as warning lights, alarms, etc. I'll PM you some options and pricing if you're interested but it'll be less then $1500 including shipping.
Is there any option to utilize the existing installed Merc harness via a converter harness to interface between the existing Merc engine harness PCM555 connectors and the Holley ECU connection?

Will the Holley ECU mount on the PCM555 engine mount?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.