EFI for everyone

Notices

EFI for everyone

Old 01-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by yschmidt
WOW Alex - Nice stuff there. Too bad everybody's not like you (I don't mean Canadian)!

I think I am finally ready to get back on the horse and put something together. Just a little curious about that "Terminator EFI" - what's the difference from the Dominator EFI.
Thanks, I think.

The Terminator is their new entry level Throttle body EFI system. Holley was losing a lot of that market simply because their older TBI set-up didn't look as good as FAST, MSD, and PP. It works really well but looks just like an OEM unit. This is a huge market so Holley used some of the styling and design from their NASCAR spec throttle body and developed the "Terminator". It is the exact same ECU as the HP, but comes with a simple hand held controller instead of a laptop. You can use a laptop as well if you want.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 1,280 Likes on 621 Posts

Could you run 2 throttle bodies with the Terminator on top of a roots blower?
Old 01-10-2013, 11:39 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Don't see why not. You would only use the tps from one throttle body, as they would be tied together.
Eddie
Old 01-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Registered

Default Efi

The Terminator so far is being setup for one tbi, however as you all likely know you can use an hp ecu and run 16 injectors. It works well that way with other brand tbi's for us. We are awaiting an order of Terminators now. Fun Fun
Originally Posted by Rookie
Old 01-14-2013, 12:22 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Rookie
Yes, just need a different injector harness. The ECU has a different sticker on it but is the same inside as an HP. I don't know if the kits will come with the USB cable as well as the handheld unit; you'll need the USB cable so you can set up the ecu to run as an HP unit. Then you use one TPS like Eddie said and you can run one IAC, or two with an adapter harness. Because it's a brand new system I don't know what the pricing will be for just a T-body on its own. Holley has the twin injector harness for their old TBI's and it's a select-able option in the software so I'm sure they'll have it more streamlined for the new T-body's soon. I'd only recommend this type of setup for lower HP app's, like 900hp and less and it works really well. Once you get over that level you should step up to higher flowing T-body's and injector rails.
Old style dual TBI's:
Attached Thumbnails EFI for everyone-photo-7-.jpg  
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered

I am intrigued about the Holley HP EFI system... but I don't see much in the way of gauges. Not that this is a deal breaker, but I want to keep working gages in the places I currently have cutouts.

With my current carb setup, I use Innovate's XD-16 gages for Air/fuel ratio. I like having this as a double check. At first, I assumed I could use one of the outputs from the Holley ECM to reprogram these gages to bring in a 0-5V analog signal. (The XD-16 can bring that in no problem and convert to AFR units). According to Holley, the ECM can't output analog signal. You can only use their digital gages...

I'm not against the digital gage concept, but the only 2 that Holley sells is a black background gage with a black or chrome bezel... not exactly a match for the marine world.

Since I already have gage cutouts for my AFR gages, I need something to take their place. The Innovate XD-16 has all the bezels and parts to change to white.

I also looked into using the LCD screen that comes with Holley - from what I can tell, this is not a dash mountable unit since the SD cards would not be removable. I also don't really like the idea of shelling out 600 bucks twice for a twin engine boat. That money would probably be better spent buying 1 or 2 Windows tablets with the holley software installed.

Any suggestions? thanks!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Just FYI Allied Electronics has the USB (direct Replacement) cable for the HP( prob all?) ECU in 4.5 meter lengths ..... 15.00 .......m

http://www.alliedelec.com/search/pro...x?SKU=70099063
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Many thanks Alex!

Ok after reading this thread, asking a few questions here and there, and doing a lot of homework, I took Alex up on his offer and took the plunge and converted my motor to EFI. While I am not completely done since I've only run it on the hose at this point, the fact that I got to this point and it fired and ran instantly for the first time today gives me a lot of respect for this HP system and Alex's knowledge. I took a path less traveled and opted to convert a stack unit (I'll detail the whole conversion in another thread as it took me quite awhile to set this thing up!). Alex set me up with the Holley system, answered questions along the way, setup the base map and helped me troubleshoot from Vancouver while I'm in Chicago. I just wanted to give a shout out to Alex and thank him for the help in getting me to this point. Thanks Alex!
Attached Thumbnails EFI for everyone-img_0263.jpg   EFI for everyone-image.jpg   EFI for everyone-img-20130420-00693.jpg  

Old 04-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

That looks pretty bad a$$ with all those stacks. I know in road racing they work great because they are either on or off the throttle. But I remember that they can be a pain to adjust the idle speed on because now you have 8 little air gaps instead of one big one
Old 04-28-2013, 10:27 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 4 Posts

I hope Alex chimes-in here as he can really describe how this works, but I have the butterflies completely closed at idle. The IAC will then work to maintain the idle set point (I made a common vacuum plenum under the intake that is connected to each port and the IAC). Alex indicates tip-in can get a little tricky on these stacks which he adjusted for with timing. Also on this particular stack it was made for EFI so the butterflies are a tad smaller in diameter for better modulation compared to the mechanical version. I haven't run it under load yet so I anticipate there will be some fine tuning necessary. Time will tell.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.