Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
EFI for everyone >

EFI for everyone

Notices

EFI for everyone

Old 07-23-2014, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks for the advice! It should make my very healthy 540 build purr like a kitten. Here it is waiting for the system to go on:

http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...psgszfsjm0.jpg
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps1d7ma7sg.jpg
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps0roh9plr.jpg
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...psruzcw5cm.jpg

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 07-23-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right on, I like to see people doing these projects.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hadleycat
Haxby your Inbox is full so I will I ask you here.

I am running a 1997 502 mpi with a Procharger M3sc at 7 lbs. Motor is all stock other than Lightning Headers. I would like to upgrade to the Holley Hp controller.

Will I need any additional sensors seeing that motor came stock with a MEFI1. I do have an O2 sensor in my exhaust.

I plan on swapping out my 42 lb. injectors for something larger at the same time.

Originally was going to convert over during the winter but thinking I would like to go for it this summer. Can you pm me a price on HP controller along with any other items I will need to switch out my MEFI1. Thank you
Made the purchase from Haxby today. Great price on the Holley HP system.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:31 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
What did you get the coil packs off of.
Old 07-27-2014, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by tbanzer
I got mine of of 2002-2005 chevy/gmc truck engines.from he junk yard and got a few spare coils too.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
I got mine of of 2002-2005 chevy/gmc truck engines.from he junk yard and got a few spare coils too.
That's what they looked like. Thanks I am going to put together a system over the next couple of months.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
Thanks for the advice! It should make my very healthy 540 build purr like a kitten. Here it is waiting for the system to go on:
FWIW - I saw the pics of the O2 bungs you had welded in your tailpipe. You might find that the depth of that bung is too long and the O2 sensor won't be far enough into the air stream to get an accurate reading. Something to keep and eye on.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:06 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by tbanzer
I got them off of the 02-05 GM trucks like stuphen 30 said. They are the supposedly "hotter" heat sink round coils. I made my own little brackets as the stock brackets don't fit nor look good no mater how you place them.

Originally Posted by Griswald
FWIW - I saw the pics of the O2 bungs you had welded in your tailpipe. You might find that the depth of that bung is too long and the O2 sensor won't be far enough into the air stream to get an accurate reading. Something to keep and eye on.
That is the 2nd bung I had welded in my other tail pipe. It is an Innovate Motorsports bung with the plug in the end. If that is an issue, I can just switch the Holley O2 to the other bung which is much much shorter. The other one is for my stand alone auto meter dash AFR gauge I installed when dealing with MEFI tuning.
Old 08-05-2014, 10:28 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So quick question...

Going to pull the trigger on TBI for this winter. Looking at Holley's website they have the avenger and then the terminator. The terminator is quite a bit more money but looks to have a better fuel pump setup (sold seperately). Why would I go with the terminator over the avenger? My engines are making about 560hp a piece in an older 30' scarab with TRS drives.

Thanks
Jim
Old 08-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

The earlier TBI unit is based off the old GM OEM style tbody with the pod injectors on top. You can run that throttle body with the Avenger, or HP ecu. The avenger kit is more of an entry level package, but you can plug in your laptop and have the full functionality of the HP, or you can order the HP kit and add whatever else you want. It is a great unit, and has been very reliable in adverse conditions for many years. It is however, not very nice to look at... Everyone else was introducing new exciting looking throttle body's that, even if they didn't work as well, were outselling the Holley. So, Holley built a new unit based on the their throttle body that is used by NASCAR. It is much more aesthetically pleasing then the old unit, and so far seems to work as well or better. You can also plug a laptop into the terminator ecu to have full programability, and still use the hand held as an auxiliary gauge, for AFR, or whatever. The pricing isn't that much different between the two. If be happy to send you a quote for both if you like.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.