Notices

EFI for everyone

Old 08-17-2014, 12:43 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hadleycat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527991[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]527992[/ATTACH]

Took the boat out yesterday with the new Holley HP and new 72 lb. Injectors. Runs awesome !! This system very easy to install and use. Thank you for the Great customer service Alex Haxby.

My wiring is a lot neater than it appears in this picture. The pic was taken before I started plugging in my connectors
Did you use the static timing feature to sync up your timing? Im around today if you need any help.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
Did you use the static timing feature to sync up your timing? Im around today if you need any help.
Yes I did, Thanks. This is a Datalog of my first run
[ATTACH=CONFIG]527996[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails EFI for everyone-img_2192.jpg  
Old 08-17-2014, 01:09 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Turn the frame rate down to 15 or 20, and set it for 30 seconds. It looks like you need to adjust the coolant temp enrichment so it will go into learn mode. What temp does your engine run at?
Old 08-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Registered

My Engine runs right around 100 degrees. I adjusted coolant enrichment down to 100 percent at engine temp 100 degrees. Even with that setting I was bouncing in and out of learn mode. So I adjusted to 100 percent at 80 degrees. Stays in learn all the time now.
Old 08-17-2014, 04:55 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Alex ..... Do you set a min RPM for closed loop?
Old 08-17-2014, 05:49 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by offthefront
Alex ..... Do you set a min RPM for closed loop?
To get really consistent shifting, especially with a big prop, it's best to tune the idle portion manually. I usually set the closed loop 200-300rpm above idle rpm.
Old 08-18-2014, 02:28 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Thanks to Alex's technical help line on a Sunday, I got my 540 running last night. Majority of the issues I had were caused by me and my wiring of the LSx coils but we got it worked out. The Holley system is beautifully easy to work on and make changes and I would consider myself an EFI novice and it runs great. If you are running a distributor, it is extremely simple then. Hoping to get it on the water in the next day or two and get some better video footage. Timing was easy to set and the software is very easy to navigate, it even gets my quite stout Bob Madera camshaft to idle nicely at 800. The components are all very nice quality and Alex's customer service is amazing.

http://vid734.photobucket.com/albums...ps45d09145.mp4

This pic was before I had everything hooked up. Forgot to take a completed picture.
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps5j5dblrw.jpg

Last edited by Gimme Fuel; 08-18-2014 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:57 PM
Registered

I just wanted to put in a few details about the outcome of my Holley EFI system pictured on post number 343. My system was bought from Alex haxby and built and installed by Mark Rinda at MER performance marine. I struggled for 4 or 5 seasons with a hard to tune MEFI3 system. The boat always ran very rich and never performed as it should or could. I have only had my boat out twice but I can honestly say there is a night and day difference with this Holley system installed. The boat runs awesome . Within 2 hours run time the boat is dialed in. I will post more details about it once I get it out a few more times. Jeff Wurl
Old 08-18-2014, 09:52 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
The earlier TBI unit is based off the old GM OEM style tbody with the pod injectors on top. You can run that throttle body with the Avenger, or HP ecu. The avenger kit is more of an entry level package, but you can plug in your laptop and have the full functionality of the HP, or you can order the HP kit and add whatever else you want. It is a great unit, and has been very reliable in adverse conditions for many years. It is however, not very nice to look at... Everyone else was introducing new exciting looking throttle body's that, even if they didn't work as well, were outselling the Holley. So, Holley built a new unit based on the their throttle body that is used by NASCAR. It is much more aesthetically pleasing then the old unit, and so far seems to work as well or better. You can also plug a laptop into the terminator ecu to have full programability, and still use the hand held as an auxiliary gauge, for AFR, or whatever. The pricing isn't that much different between the two. If be happy to send you a quote for both if you like.
I was what you might call a beta tester for holley's tbi system back in the late 80's, when it worked it worked well, on the downside, the injectors were crap and I used to carry 2 extras in the glove box along with an extra controller. Learned a lot and caught a glimpse of the future of the aftermarket. Had Holley tech support on speed-dial. LOL.
Old 08-19-2014, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
Thanks to Alex's technical help line on a Sunday, I got my 540 running last night. Majority of the issues I had were caused by me and my wiring of the LSx coils but we got it worked out. The Holley system is beautifully easy to work on and make changes and I would consider myself an EFI novice and it runs great. If you are running a distributor, it is extremely simple then. Hoping to get it on the water in the next day or two and get some better video footage. Timing was easy to set and the software is very easy to navigate, it even gets my quite stout Bob Madera camshaft to idle nicely at 800. The components are all very nice quality and Alex's customer service is amazing.

http://vid734.photobucket.com/albums...ps45d09145.mp4

This pic was before I had everything hooked up. Forgot to take a completed picture.
http://i734.photobucket.com/albums/w...ps5j5dblrw.jpg
Great looking engine and it sounds very healthy as well. Did it ever make it to a dyno?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.