Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
EFI for everyone >

EFI for everyone

Notices

EFI for everyone

Old 12-23-2014, 03:43 PM
Registered

Received 4,568 Likes on 1,316 Posts

That would have been great to have 3 months ago when I had new tanks made .. perfect for boats.
Old 12-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

All I can say is WOW!
Old 12-24-2014, 09:18 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you can bet the nascar guys will love that thing..sure thats where the concept came from...
Old 12-24-2014, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
One of the interesting take-aways of PRI was the Holley fuel tank pick up solution.

http://youtu.be/4rG97UuVgmQ

Bob
wow,great product,,thank you so much for this info.
can we buy this now?the way it works,,my bet is it will take alot to get this clogged up w/ debris?
Old 12-24-2014, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

That is a great idea.
Old 12-24-2014, 10:39 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sutphen 30
can we buy this now?the way it works,,my bet is it will take alot to get this clogged up w/ debris?
The first units that will be available will be geared toward circle track stuff, they have one part number up so far, for a 30" x 14" with a -10, but no stock at the moment. More will be coming.
Old 12-24-2014, 11:28 AM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The technology is already there, so it’s only a matter of time before it will be integrated into a large selection of part numbers, including those for Marine marketplace. This is classic example of how widespread, and rapid, the technology transfer from the highest level of motorsports becomes integrated into the commercial marketplace. The prevailing mentality used to be that technologies utilized in Le Mans, IndyCar, NASCAR, and NHRA had no relevance to the Marine industry. Over the last decade that mindset has taken 180° turn and products like this are adapted to, and enter the supply chain with very short lead times. The era of “secret squirrel, if I tell you I do have to kill you” Is fortunately long gone and engine development is accelerating at a more rapid pace than I have ever seen.
Information passed along to me regarding particle contamination is virtually a nonissue due to the large surface area of the mat.

Bob
Old 12-24-2014, 12:56 PM
Registered

Received 730 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Information passed along to me regarding particle contamination is virtually a nonissue due to the large surface area of the mat.

Bob
thank you for the info,,after looking at the mat,,i kinda came to the same conclusion.
I know I will be looking to purchase 2 of these mats for my boat.#10 will do me just fine on my set up.
Old 12-24-2014, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

What an excellent idea. My question is how big of a hole does it need to be installed? I assume it was designed more for cars that have a pretty good size hole to work with. Are they going to offer some type of removable access panel (like the fuel module in a car tank) to install it? Great idea though.
Eddie
Old 12-24-2014, 02:46 PM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

thank you for the info,,after looking at the mat,,i kinda came to the same conclusion.
I know I will be looking to purchase 2 of these mats for my boat.#10 will do me just fine on my set up.
Bill,

Look at the versatility and potential range of application!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfE1v65fNZI

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.