Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Bennett Tab Control ???? >

Bennett Tab Control ????

Notices

Bennett Tab Control ????

Old 06-20-2002, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

The trimdicators only come in black. That's why I installed Stainless marine mechanical indicators on my Bennetts. You can get any color you want. They are real nice! I don't think they would be too much harder to install than the trimdicators. I do alot of my own work and they were not hard at all to install. Just a thought. I think they are about the same price.
Old 06-20-2002, 08:18 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I bought Bennett HD 16 tabs,,, they kinda look like K planes,, they are for 60 MPH and above,,,, I dont have indicators at all just for that reason, I did not want black in my dash. I did not know you could adapt other indicators to them,, can you post pics?

As far as switches, I bough the tilt/trim and tab all in one block factory switches from Baja, and wired them to my Bennets,, now its factory !!!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 63 Posts

I also have the St 16's. I don't have a digital camera so I don't have a picture.I believe Stainless Marine is the only one to have the mechanical indicator for the Bennett tabs. Call Allen Brown "Brownie" up at Stainless and he'll hook you up. Ask for a catalogue, they have pictures in there. They are about 230 bucks. I think the Bennetts are about 275. I also went with the 45 degree stainless steel through hull fittings. They make a real clean look. I'm real happy with them!
Old 06-21-2002, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are these discussed above only for the tabs. seem to take up a lot of space just for tab indicators.

I have been looking for outdrive indicators for a while. Anybody have a product that's significantly less than $600 !!! for a twin setup. I'm poor, don't have that much to spend on them, but the merc pots don't work and i have a hard time knowing where the drives are since one pump runs a little faster,

I have to compensate by counting..... 1 one thousand, 2 one thousand, let off port side.., 3 one thousand... let off starboard. kind of a pain. then if the tabs are off, i could be all jockied around trying to level the boat, sometimes I run everything back in all the way and start over........

I am working on an idea to fabricate something that will be very accurate if i can't find some used/not wanted from someone that upgraded.
Old 06-21-2002, 09:52 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Frequency
They better not come in white!
I think my buddy's Checkmate (28zt) has them in white!! I have a 253 convincor and we are always comparing the differences. I could of sworn that was one of the things that i liked better about his boat!! And his were flush mounted.
Frequncy.....Mine were like yours(mounted on top of a stupid hollow box????). This year i got rid of the box and cut 2 holes in the dash with a rotozip, and mounted them flush.....looks 100% better than sticking up off the dash.

I'll check with my buddy on the white indicators!
Old 06-21-2002, 10:59 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,255 Likes on 548 Posts

I have mechanical indicators on the Bennets on my Sonic. They work and look great.

Rob, call Offshore Performance in Grasonville, and see if they have a setup like mine there in stock. I have Kiekhaefer controls with a 3 indicator window on mine; white bezel; 2 for tabs, and one for drive, all mechanical. The cables are red-jacketed from the helm to the outside of the transom. I also have white rocker switches on the dash to control them.

Last edited by Sydwayz; 06-24-2002 at 10:10 AM.
Old 06-24-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I checked out two different checkmates yesterday both 1998's. They both had the white bennet digital indicators. The outside plastic was white, but the inside face was still black.