Swap Shop Abuse..??? >

Swap Shop Abuse..???

Notices

Swap Shop Abuse..???

Old 03-16-2012, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
I agree with 100% FogduckerIII. I am a paying advertiser here and can not use the swap section. We have certain members (apache comes to mind) that are using the site selling large high $ items in large volume and are not even paying members. What makes it even worse these members don't even chat on the site they are just using it for profit.The reason most do not add pictures are they not paying members and are not able to add them. I think the swap section is a good tool for the members when used as it was intended but some members are abusing it and should be charged accordingly.

Maybe I should save my $ become a registered member and sell items for free all day but I have always been a paying member to help the site grow as I enjoy it here and benefit from its vast knowledge.
Thanks Brian, that was what I was trying to get at but didn't say it as clearly as you...........
Old 03-16-2012, 03:15 PM
Registered

All good points, but..........what if it was required that ALL members be paying members and not just register, might get rid of some of the riff raff.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cobra100+
All good points, but..........what if it was required that ALL members be paying members and not just register, might get rid of some of the riff raff.
+1 I totally agree with that and that sounds fair to me.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It is being abused by a few, but oh well. And then there's the TTT every day, (or even a couple times a day are really going over board) Maybe there should be a min time frame that the OP could post on his own ad that is not a reply to a question??? OR, just have listings with NO replies possible. You got a question, PM the seller?

Guess you could always go back a few yrs (Phantom Chaos has this down pat) and TTT a bunch of old ads to push the offenders to page 2.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:29 PM
Registered

See No reason to change current standing.
We are talking Used Parts ........
This Offshore circle is so small why limit it.
Old 03-16-2012, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 1,306 Likes on 636 Posts

Originally Posted by Cobra100+
I agree with some riff raff, but I have bought some good stuff and great deals from "registered" members so we all could be losing out on deals.

BTW, my membership expired a few weeks ago and I am not renewing until the server timing out issues are resolved.

And Photobucket is free no excuse for no pics and prices.
Old 03-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Where To
VIP Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I think it should be a paid membership privilege only. It hasn’t always been abused. Seems only recently this has changed. (Last year or so) No offence to the registered users, I get it. But I remember when I joined, one of the reasons I paid was because I have a conscience and felt that I should pay something for having a captive audience to sell my leftovers to!

Dave
Old 03-16-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered

you are a non paying member so you have no right to gripe... I'm a non paying member you don't here me griping about that you act like they are asking to store all the non selling parts in garage or may be your shop
Old 03-16-2012, 04:34 PM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Some of us don't make 6 plus figures a year and have parted boats out to get what we need for free or close to free and sell everything else. I agree some stuff is bumped too often but I can't count how many times I've seen a wanted post for something I have on page 3 of the swap shop. If it weren't for the swap shop I'd still have a 272 sr1 with a junk trailer and 1 blown motor
Old 03-16-2012, 04:43 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by axapowell
I think it should be a paid membership privilege only. It hasn’t always been abused. Seems only recently this has changed. (Last year or so) No offence to the registered users, I get it. But I remember when I joined, one of the reasons I paid was because I have a conscience and felt that I should pay something for having a captive audience to sell my leftovers to!

Dave
One of the forums I belong too require a min of 100 post within the past year OR a PAID membership. It could be a good idea.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.