Arizona Speed and Marine? >

Arizona Speed and Marine?

Notices

Arizona Speed and Marine?

Old 03-25-2012, 04:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael1
How in the world can anyone tune an ECU without having the engine present?

Michael
there is no magic at all. if it is a known configuration , for instance a typical 540 w/ known cr, exhaust type and cylinderhead type and nothing is bizzare in the variables then the fuel and ignition map would almost be generic to that type if the " tuner" has had the like type on the dyno before. now certainly it won't be absolutely perfect but it would be so close as to be just fine. even doing them on the dyno gets you 95 % home depending on how good the dyno set up is. the only way to get it perfect is w/ real time data aquisition in service and correlate those egts and flows with the dyno data. but if you have a 502 that you put a 540 kit in with x cylinder heads and y compression ration and z intake, then there are probably 10 guys with maps that are so close it would make no difference.
Old 03-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by stevesxm
there is no magic at all. if it is a known configuration , for instance a typical 540 w/ known cr, exhaust type and cylinderhead type and nothing is bizzare in the variables then the fuel and ignition map would almost be generic to that type if the " tuner" has had the like type on the dyno before. now certainly it won't be absolutely perfect but it would be so close as to be just fine. even doing them on the dyno gets you 95 % home depending on how good the dyno set up is. the only way to get it perfect is w/ real time data aquisition in service and correlate those egts and flows with the dyno data. but if you have a 502 that you put a 540 kit in with x cylinder heads and y compression ration and z intake, then there are probably 10 guys with maps that are so close it would make no difference.
Well said
Old 03-26-2012, 12:28 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Just Shipped My ECM off to This Guy. ^ Looking forward to seeing the great results.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

You won't be dissappointed. Mark is a great guy that really knows a Mefi.
Eddie
Old 03-26-2012, 03:21 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Young Performance
You won't be dissappointed. Mark is a great guy that really knows a Mefi.
Eddie
Thats what i hear. Ive heard good things about you too. Mark was the first to come up in the discussion so i went with him. If I ever need any hands on help ill hit you up since we are so close. Thanks.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:23 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

And BTW. Its been a week and still havent heard back from Jim at ASM. Great Customer service huh. Im so thankfull that you all gave me much needed advice or i probley would have burned up my engine this summer.
Old 03-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
Thats what i hear. Ive heard good things about you too. Mark was the first to come up in the discussion so i went with him. If I ever need any hands on help ill hit you up since we are so close. Thanks.
No problem. Let me know if I can help. I would be more than happy to help any way I can.
Eddie
Old 03-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Young Performance
No problem. Let me know if I can help. I would be more than happy to help any way I can.
Eddie
No truer words ever spoken!!!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 765 Likes on 413 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh LaFountain
Once you get the itch to turn that 502 into a 540, give Eddie a call. There is no avoiding the itch. Don't fight it!
Old 03-27-2012, 08:57 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Once you get the itch to turn that 502 into a 540, give Eddie a call. There is no avoiding the itch. Don't fight it!
It depends on where that itch is. I may or may not be able to scratch it (or may not want to)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.