T/D shaft rocker life span

Notices

T/D shaft rocker life span

Old 03-30-2012, 03:49 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 886 Likes on 412 Posts

Originally Posted by GPM
Might be why Crower, Jesel and T&D offer stainless.
When I bought them I wasn't aware that they made a steel one that had a infinite life span and that the aluminum ones had a fairly short lifespan , if I had I would have spent the xtra dough!!!
Old 03-30-2012, 03:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SkiDoc
T&D will inspect and rebuild your rockers pretty affordably. Good customer service.
I wonder if they magnaflux them or what? I will either run them another 100 hours or sell them while still perfect and buy new steel ones.
Old 03-30-2012, 03:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KAAMA
Are the "steel" shaft mount rocker arms from T&D actually "stainless steel"???

If the T&D aluminum roller rocker arms are only good to roughly 17,000,000 cycles, then how many cycles are the steel or stainless steel ones good for?

I think I have either heard or read that these steel (or stainless steel) rocker arms from T&D are actually lighter than their best/lightest aluminum rocker...???

Actually, I am interested in purchasing T&D's shaft mount system with their integrated spring oiling system---perhaps it might be getter to purchase their steel/stainless steel shaft mount rockers vs their aluminum ones---yeah?

Can anyone please shed more light on this. Thanx in advance
Buy the steel, pay extra for spring oilers and never worry again!
Old 03-30-2012, 05:10 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts
Default I spoke with Bob Madara for a brief moment today...

Originally Posted by articfriends
Buy the steel, pay extra for spring oilers and never worry again!
Yeah Steve! I'm sure thinkin' about it! I certainly don't need to have the thought of fatiguing aluminum rocker arms constantly running thru my mind. I guess I'll just have lay down a little bit more of that SMACK...$$$
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KAAMA

Yeah Steve! I'm sure thinkin' about it! I certainly don't need to have the thought of fatiguing aluminum rocker arms constantly running thru my mind. I guess I'll just have lay down a little bit more of that SMACK...$$$
You need to tell Bob that you need some cams for them motors that will idle at 500 rpm's glass smooth and pull to 6500 making 1300 hp, have him figure out ten different grinds for you from mild to less mild, I am sure he could do it for you
Old 03-30-2012, 06:56 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

When I bought them I wasn't aware that they made a steel one that had a infinite life span and that the aluminum ones had a fairly short lifespan , if I had I would have spent the xtra dough!!!
I don't know how long ago you bought yours they may not have had steel at that time. I believe Crower was the first to have stainless shaft rockers and it's only been a few years.
Old 03-30-2012, 07:05 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The T&D steel rockers were available at the end of 2006.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 79 Likes on 48 Posts

You need to tell Bob that you need some cams for them motors that will idle at 500 rpm's glass smooth and pull to 6500 making 1300 hp, have him figure out ten different grinds for you from mild to less mild, I am sure he could do it for you
You know Steve, I am propbably one of Bob's worst nighmare customers...the only customer who wants a smooth idle. I'm sure when Bob's phone rings and he looks at his caller ID and cringing while knowing it's me on the other end----I am quite confident this is Bob's reaction while he's stares at the ringing phone knowing full well he has no recourse but to take my call--->

but he braves the challenge, takes a deep breath and takes my call with his professional voice by always saying---"Hey Mark, how are ya?"---almost as if he hasn't spoken to me in 3 days! ha

He's a very knowledgable guy, but I must admit, if there is one thing he knows I hate---(which sounds like a chainsaw on steroids), is that he seems to enjoy rattling my cage with ending our phone conversation by mimicking the idle charactoristics of the boat called "SORCERER" ....as he is hanging up the phone on me.

Last edited by KAAMA; 03-30-2012 at 08:03 PM.
Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 83 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
Didn't know that, I guess they knew they had a problem in some applications.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mr Gadgets
I bought mine in early 06 if I remember correctly, when I buy them again I will definately buy steel!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.