Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Corsa Silent Choice >

Corsa Silent Choice

Notices

Corsa Silent Choice

Old 06-28-2002, 10:44 AM
283CHECK

Default Corsa Silent Choice

I just got my boat back from the shop But they said that they noticed that the port silent choice is not opening, but if you reach back and help it by hand it will open. Does anyone know how much and were to find a silonoied? Or what the problem might be, they said they checked power out and it is getting the full 12V..

Thanks
Chris

Old 06-28-2002, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine does the same thing on the port side only . Every once in a while it needs just a little help. It does it after the boat has set for a period of time. When I use the boat often, it loosens back up.
Old 06-28-2002, 12:44 PM
Registered

Default exhaust

had same problem,replaced it[if i remember was about$25.00]and all is fine.was luckey that corsa is located on west side of town
Old 06-28-2002, 08:38 PM
Platinum Member

It just needs adjusting. I had two out of four develop the same symptoms last weekend. I posted a thread and got some good advice, do a search under "Corsa Silent Choice Mufflers" or "Lickitysplit". I also called Corsa and spoke with Dennis. If they are like mine the piston comes out of the solenoid. It has about a 3/4 in. long piece of allthread that you can use to adjust the piston. I had one that would not open, I adjusted the piston forward out of the actuator. Fixed it. The second one was chattering in the open position, that one I adjusted the piston back deeper into the actuator. Fixed it. I fiddled with them for a while, dropped the spring into the bildge etc....the usual stuff. But they are both fixed and work fine. Corsa's number is on www.corsaperf.com.

Mike
Old 06-28-2002, 10:10 PM
ROUGHSTUFF

I had to change one on my Sunsation, it is very easy. Just give Corsa a call and the will send you one. I remember it being about $40. You should be able to find their number in Powerboat or on the web.