Headers vs manifolds >

Headers vs manifolds

Notices

Headers vs manifolds

Old 05-22-2012, 07:18 PM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by articfriends
Thats a good question, they claim 25-40plus hp over stock manifolds , about 10 or 11 years ago I was running a blown 502 with 7 psi of boost, was still using stock merc iron manifolds, boat ran mid 70's. After 2000$ and a weekend of bloody knuckles, searching for 4" hoses, etc, I had installed a set of brand new lightning headers because they were supposed to be good for 400-600 rpm's over stock on a blown motor. Well, boat had a tiny more mid range punch but picked up ZERO top end, tried differents props, made zip difference, I couldn't believe it! I am sure that at a certain amount of cubic inches and or boost that stock manifolds would just kill the power of a engine but you would be surprised on a un-modified engine how little difference it really makes, I think 1/2 the gain is from the weight loss on stock apps!
I bought into Teague's BS claims of the 496 CMI sporttubes. $4,600 later, ZERO top speed gain. Now I have a 525. The POS 496 went to Germany with the useless bling headers.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

------

Last edited by SippyRat; 07-16-2012 at 12:02 PM.