Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Need a new bow mount for my trailer? >

Need a new bow mount for my trailer?

Notices

Need a new bow mount for my trailer?

Old 07-01-2002, 10:03 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Need a new bow mount for my trailer?

Or whatever you call it?

The part on my trailer that holds the front of the boat and has the winch on it.

Anyway, mine has a V shaped piece of metal with two pads on it and a roller between them. The roller has proven to be VERY hard on the Gel Coat.

When I purchased the boat from the original owner this area was the only flaw on the entire hull. I had the area repaired this Spring and it turned out great. I put a new roller on my trailer hoping to remedy this problem. No luck. After about a dozen trips to the lake this year it starting to look real bad again.

I have seen some different set-ups that don't use and roller. There is no contact except for the pads on the sides. Anyone know where to start looking?

Buck
Old 07-01-2002, 10:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

championtrailers.com

I have ordered trailer parts from them before and have been satisfied. Also most Fountain trailers come with the bow stop you describe. Its a must because of the beak. Maybe a trailer manufacturer that Fountain uses would know. My Fountain came on a Loadmaster trailer with the bowstop you describe.

Ron
Old 07-01-2002, 10:42 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have a picture of your current set up?
Old 07-01-2002, 10:44 PM
Registered

cuda,

I'm sorry but I don't have a pic. No digital camera.

I just need something without a roller. Something that only contact the sides instead of the center. I've seen them somewhere.

rj mentioned Champion. Don't know why I didn't look there to begin with. I'm always on their site. I may check Myco too.

Thanks.

Buck
Old 07-01-2002, 11:07 PM
Registered

Here is a pic of one that is like I want.

http://www.dibit.com/ptDetail.html?542228

Looks to be a Myco. I may give them a call.

Buck
Old 07-02-2002, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buck: Yup, that's a Myco. Even if the headline had not said "27 foot Myco trailer", you can tell by their style.

That particular style with a seperate winch stand from the bow chocks seams to be found on Fountains because of where the bow eye is related to the beak.

On my Myco for a Formula, the bow chocks and winch stand are on the same post. Most Scarabs have a bow profile closer to the Formula's, and therefore should use the same one post style.

Myco is great to work with, and very helpful. They probably know the angle of your particular boat, and can build a stand that will fit perfect.

Keep us posted.

Chart
Old 07-02-2002, 11:07 AM
Registered

Default I can help!

Buck- if you hit a dead end I can fab anything you want, bring the trailer by- I already know where to get some nice rubber pieces for that or you could use bunk carpet- this area will rub/ chafe no matter what you do- unless you leave 3/8 daylight there.
Old 07-02-2002, 06:34 PM
Registered

Well, looks like I have all the answers right here in my own backyard with Kenny. Kenny, I will talk to Myco and see what they can do for me. If they can't help me I may take you up on the offer. If you go to Rocky Branch on Friday evening I will talk to you some more about it there.

By the way, I would like to leave a small 2"-3" gap there to help eliminate the problem. I think that would cure it.

Thanks all!

Buck
Old 07-03-2002, 09:22 AM
Registered

Default Rocky Branch FW

Buck- looks like we are going to watch from the marina this yr. Several of our friends have slips at the marina and even a decked over slip for entertaining etc. They typically raft visitors off the end of the pier, with transoms towards the fireworks- you are welcome to join us there. The only catch is that it is prudent to wait an hour for the traffic to clear before heading back. On the other side there is less chance of FW debris raining on your boat.

Looks like I'll be out every day but not until later on Friday- closer to home we may be on our black tige ski boat with tower.
Old 07-03-2002, 06:29 PM
Registered

Kenny,

We will be out there tomorrow, Wednesday, in the Bridge area. Late Friday afternoon before we come over. Probably just for the fireworks. After that I think we got talked into going to Grand on Sunday.

Buck

Quick Reply: Need a new bow mount for my trailer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.