MBAM, got some ?????

Notices

MBAM, got some ?????

Old 07-03-2002, 05:32 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks alot Brad!!!

I called them (yes, Texas company) this morning and they said they would return my call by noon as the salesperson was out. Never did call. I called them again in the afternoon and was told the sales person was now with a customer and did have my message from earlier and again was told they would return my call. Again, no return call. Apparently they do not need my business, and I certainly do not need any more headaches. Thanks for the heads up.

Jerry
Old 07-03-2002, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My fault about the Texas Co....They came with my boat...
I thought they where the deal of the century.{Shows what i know} After Marcs post about his Bravos I would already be picking one up at CVG. from Delta !!!!!!!! $600 more and the new Merc. drive....Well worth it!!!

Again Sorry.........
Old 07-03-2002, 06:08 PM
Brad Perry

Default RUN AWAY...

RUN FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call Fuestal racing in Fort Worth and talk to Randy. He used to work for said person.

Call regency marine in Rockwall and talk to Jim and see what he thinks about said person.

Call Power play racing in Fort Worth and talk to Sandem. He used to work for said person.

Call Jim Franklin at Eliminator boats in Garland and see what he thinks about said person.

Sorry, I don't know all the customers that have been screwed first hand, or I would give you their numbers. I've already given you mine!

I was fooled by the glossy exterior and casual conversation. Also was impressed with racing client list. Did not listen to above people until I saw it myself during a dyno run and a week of gritting my teeth until the weekend to get my motor back.

Fuestal racing dynoed my motor and spent an entire day doing pulls trying to find missing hp. It turned out to be weak ignition. Found 75 more hp. Again people above said this, but I still did not listen. All that cost me $400!! Talk about a deal. Said company and person I am warning you did one pull and guessed that I needed a different cam, that my carburation was off and that the heads needed to be cc'd.....WHAT! I know better than that. Turns out he doesn't do any of the work himself. he wanted the carbs shipped off and the cam to be supplied by someone else. I asked how did he think the carbs were off since he was making no fuel comsumption measurements. He didn't even know where the timing was set!!!! He did however know that it would cost me $4000 plus the $800 dyno run.

I even considered sending the motor to dustin and talked with him several times, just to find someone that knew what the hell they were doing. Turned out that fuestal racing knew more about boats than I thought they did, and wern't out to hose me. Can't say enough good about them.

Old 07-03-2002, 08:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Deals are available!

$3200 for a complete new 2000 HP 1.36 LW/PU Bravo? I also have one for sale. It was a Mercury prize for winning a regional division. I would rather use an upgraded model since this boat has eaten more than a dozen standard drives. TEAM YAHOO 1.

John 716 688 7604
Old 07-03-2002, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jerry,

I bought a complete drive from Mbam about a year and a half ago,over 100 hrs on it now. It was delivered as promised to CVG airport in 1 or 2 days,I think the shipping was something like 60 bucks! No regrets, good luck, Charles
Old 07-07-2002, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MBAM has never stuck me... and in fact has loaned me tools... a thousand miles away... no questions asked!!!!!! The guy and place are #1 in my book. How could you go wrong with a new, warrantied drive?

BT