MBAM, got some ?????

Notices

MBAM, got some ?????

Old 07-02-2002, 11:15 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default MBAM, got some ?????

Marc, I tried calling today, but missed by 1/2 hr.

I see you are advertising a new complete Bravo 1 outdrive for $3800, other companies as low as $3200. Also mentioned are the newer 2002 models above xxxx serial number with the gear upper grades and from what I understand, a 1 1/4" verticle shaft vs the standard 1" shaft. Is this correct? Only thing left of my lower unit is the verticle shaft assembly and the front prop shaft gear. Prop, shaft, complete carrier assembly and most of lower housing have found a new home. I am working with my ins. co. now and will get some repair estimates Fri. But to replace just the lower, the cost is more than what you are selling a complete drive. This is a no brainer to me on what to do. I hope to be ordering a new drive as soon as Fri if all goes well. Can you explain why I can buy a complete unit for less than just a lower which according to the dealer I have made estimate arrangements with are right at $3832? Also, are these drives all brand spankin new from Mercury, not off salvaged boats, never been installed, w/ warranty? Core charge?? Match pricing?
When I look at the full picture, it just looks to good to be true.

Thanks,
Jerry
Old 07-03-2002, 02:01 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,895 Likes on 952 Posts

Why the cost difference???? because the mark up from actual dealer cost to retail list is often 100%
Old 07-03-2002, 07:07 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 164 Likes on 92 Posts

Griff, I wish we worked on 100%, that is just not the case. Dealer cost on a Bravo drive is $4344. So how do we do it? No secret here, we buy brand new engine packages and split them up. Mercury's pricing is such that the price for the package is less than the price of the components. Any dealer could do this, but most will not.

So, the drives we sell are brand new, current production, not seconds or take offs, factory boxes, never been on a boat, full factory warranty (does not mean you can put your 1000SC in front of it).

I have very strong feelings on the meaning of "New" , like never used, never tested, never wet, etc. Don't get me going on the meaning of rebuilt.

For the most part we don't match prices, in order to stay in bussiness (and support my lifestyle ) we do have to sell at a reasonable profit, and I try to price accordingly.

Jerry, we do have them on the shelf and can ship today via Delta. We get in early, but the phones don't switch on until 9.
Old 07-03-2002, 07:17 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like Bams the only way to go.....$600 more & you get all the upgraded parts.....No brainer for me.

Yea.....we have to support Marcs "lifestyle"
Old 07-03-2002, 08:05 AM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Marc, thanks for the quick reply. The cost conscern does make since now. Hope to know more on Fri.
Thanks,
Jerry
Old 07-03-2002, 08:29 AM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 164 Likes on 92 Posts

Thanks Birdog!
Old 07-03-2002, 09:18 AM
Brad Perry

Default There's another thing to think about...

US1,

I think I know where you saw the $3200 price at, and unless you want to be one more victim in the war to screw people, you'll stay away from them....!!! The $600 is not worth it. I would be willing to bet that they are either slightly used or STOLEN!! I learned my lesson there and managed to get away with only minor bleeding. PM me if you want any info. Good Luck. Marc has always treated me well.

Old 07-03-2002, 09:22 AM
Brad Perry

Default I guess I could take the tact,

Of not warning you and giving the business that I know has screwed many people, a 546th chance like some have suggested, but I couldn't stand to see a fellow OSO'er get wacked.

Sorry, I couldn't resist, given the recent stirrings with Kook and Dave1972....

Old 07-03-2002, 09:36 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,249 Likes on 542 Posts

$3200 was from Offshore Performance in Grasonville, Maryland. They had a couple documented 2 or so hour take offs. CheckmateF1 picked up their last one about a 2 weeks ago.
Old 07-03-2002, 09:44 AM
Brad Perry

I'm thinkin about someone around my neck of the woods (North Texas) that has an add in PB for the same price. Many locals told me to stay away, but did I listen....NOOO! Shame on me!

I wish you guys luck, sounds like you have done some homework.

Quick Reply: MBAM, got some ?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.