Fuel system on a Blower Motor >

Fuel system on a Blower Motor

Notices

Fuel system on a Blower Motor

Old 07-03-2002, 05:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel system on a Blower Motor

I was wondering what is the Most efficient/reliable fuel setup for a Blower motor. Is it #1 a mechanical with an electric backup operated by a pressure switch that kicks in at 4 psi#2 Electric with a regulator and no mechanical or #3 Electric with a manual switch. Just wondering what most are running. The motor is approximately 700hp
Old 07-03-2002, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmmmm....Good question....Mine are High Volume Mechanical
Should I have more........
Old 07-04-2002, 09:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink Fuel ? Enough ?

Art,
You should be able to run a mechanical race pump that delivers 7 to 9 psi at any rpm. It uses a 1/2 pipe in and out so you can use bigger fuel line to the carb if wanted. Holley makes one for this application as well as Edelbrock. You can also back up the fuel system with an electric pump but not in the usuall way. You need to "T" it into the out going side of the mechanical. If you were to have an electric pump go up you dont want it to restrict the mechanical pump so the engine will not run. Yoe need to plumb it like we do Cigarettes. Use your normal fuel line to the mechanical pump, when you come out of the pump you want to install a "T". Coming up to the bottom of the "T" you want to connect the fuel line from the electric pump. Then the top of the "T" will go to the carb or fuel block to split off the carbs. You want to make sure you pull the electric fuel pump off of a seperate fuel tank pickup or a really big high flow fuel filter. I suggest the seperate pick up way.
The last way you mentioned, the electric by itself I dont like. If that was to go up, you better have a big cooler with lots of ice, because you will be floating awhile. Atleast with both if the electric pump was to fail you could still get on plane and make it home easy, and vise versa, if the mechanical pump was to fail you could still get home on the electric pump.

I am sure some others have done it differently. This is the way I do it.

Pwrbt33

On a motor like this you want to keep the fuel pressure atleast 7.5 to 8.5 at WOT. 8 to 9 at an idle is fine. You dont want the idle fuel pressure to high because it may blow the needle and seats open and cause the carb to flood.

Let me know which one you do and how it works out for you.

Last edited by Pwrbt33; 07-04-2002 at 09:04 AM.