Gaffrig Drive Temp Indicator Install?? >

Gaffrig Drive Temp Indicator Install??

Notices

Gaffrig Drive Temp Indicator Install??

Old 07-04-2002, 08:03 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Gaffrig Drive Temp Indicator Install??

I am about to install the temp probes, They mount in the vent plug hole and the cable gets mounted through the transom. Any tips on how/where to mount the through transom tube? I am thinking of mounting opposite the vent plug so it loops up and to the left of the drive. Oppiste the trim cable seals. It seems to have a lot of slack in the stainless cable and If there is a better way please let me know. Here is a picture of what I have, Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Gaffrig Drive Temp Indicator Install??-rear.jpg  
Old 07-04-2002, 08:21 PM
Registered

Default Drive temps..

Raypanic
Just like you are a mind reader!! I have been thinking for a couple of days about the very thing that you are in the process of doing!!Far out!!
I was just going to ask the board what they thought about it and see if they might have some advise, but bingo there you are..With the drives being so critical as to heat it looks like we should have drive temp gages, I have boost gages, looks like the drive temp would be more important!!
However, what I had in mind is since I have extention boxes, I would go thru them and come out with fittings in their inspection cover and hook into the overflow holes. what do you oso wrench-heads think, will it work or do you have a better idea?
eliminator219
Old 07-04-2002, 08:32 PM
GeoGraphics INC

Les I just put a set on a 37 Talon with boxes I used the top two screws of the right side insp. plate to secure the cable with Adel clamps (ss.clamp with rubber cover) and drilled the hole level with the screws Mike Nicholson

Old 07-05-2002, 10:46 PM
Registered

ALL;

Speaking from expeience, save your money. The gaffrig drive temp set-up is a joke.....I've had two guages and 2 senders and the system has never worked correctly. I recently totally disconnected my entire set-up, I run 900 hp through my bravo and have never had any temperature related problems
Old 07-06-2002, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello All!!
I have the temp guages on my boat, with 600 hp and they work real well. Its nice to have that reminder in the dash that says ok time to pull back a little. Oil temp at cruise is right at 200 degrees prolonged wot it climbs to over 230 it will go higher, but i dont do it that often. I also have inner coolers on the drives as well, and thinking of installing another drive shower to spray the upper cap. it just cant hurt. cheers
TOM