Bravo spacer, what's it for? >

Bravo spacer, what's it for?

Notices

Bravo spacer, what's it for?

Old 07-05-2002, 02:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bravo spacer, what's it for?

I have had my boat for a while now and noticed there is a rubber type spacer in the middle of the drive(about 1 inch). I have never asked, but what exactly is it for? It is a 30 single I/O cat. I have noticed that ALOT of people who have shortened dives are blowing them like crazy, especially on cats. I am getting ready to upgrade my power so a new drive is in my future. Since I have had no problems, should I keep the spacer? How much do you suspect it is slowing me down? 2mph, 5mph, 8mph? Thanks Later Joe
Old 07-06-2002, 01:01 PM
INCOGNITO

Default SPACER

THEY PROBABLY SET THE DRIVE TOO HIGH (X) MAYBE HAD TOO MUCH SLIP-NEEDED TO BRING DOWN-THATS WHAT THE SPACER IS FOR--IT MAY SLOW YOU DOWN A BIT BUT I BET YOUR DRIVE WILL LIVE LONGER AND BOAT WILL HANDLE BETTER...WHAT KIND OF CAT DO YOU HAVE--I HAVENT SEEN A 30 FT SINGLE ENGINE CAT--BUT IVE ALWAYS WANTED TO BUILD ONE.I HAVE A 26 FT MYSELF.I HAVE A "CONSERVATIVE X DEMINSION" ON MINE COMPARED TO OTHERS I KNOW AND THEY BLOWN UP A COUPLE OF DRIVES OR TWIST PROP SHAFTS-REMEMBER BRAVO TYPE DRIVES ARE NOT SURFACE DRIVES THEY WORK BETTER IN THE WATER..ANYWAY HOPE THIS HELPS...VERY CURIOUS AS TO THE BOAT -POWER-AND SPEED YOU HAVE