Milky discharge and oil mess and grinding noise >

Milky discharge and oil mess and grinding noise

Notices

Milky discharge and oil mess and grinding noise

Old 08-25-2012, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by obnoxus
Could be alot of things,,,,,,pull your dipstick,,,,,is it milky as well ????
No oil in engines fine I just got milky junk on the flame arrester off the left side tube in the front the right side rear is the one pushing oil out and that oil is fine in color just coming out for some reason
Old 08-25-2012, 07:15 AM
Registered

Received 700 Likes on 342 Posts

Your "PCV" valve could be bad and letting more than oil vapor through. Make sure a baffle didn't fall out of the valve cover allowing oil to be splashed directly into it. And the noise while turned as stated before is either the drive u joints or a gimble bearing or both.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by lil red
Your "PCV" valve could be bad and letting more than oil vapor through. Make sure a baffle didn't fall out of the valve cover allowing oil to be splashed directly into it. And the noise while turned as stated before is either the drive u joints or a gimble bearing or both.
grinding noise was bad bellow and gimbal bearing. Changed oil still does the same thing. Just gonna run them this year the way they are and put new in over the winter
Old 09-06-2012, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 123 Likes on 41 Posts

If it was the gimbel bearing wouldn't it make noise all the time. When the motor is running the shaft is always turning?
Adam, You know what a power steering issue sounds/whines like right?
When you say, "turn right and put it in gear and don't move the wheel you hear a noise" is this mean turned all the way to the right until the steering wheels stops and held there when putting it in gear? Is it a knock, whine, thump? Does the sound speed up when you give it gas, louder?
Having water coming out the PCV is NOT normal at all.
Is you PCV hose hooked to the outside of your flame arrester? Is there a PCV "valve" in the valve cover or is it just a hollow fitting? Look in the valve cover, see any white gue?
Bottom line is if you got enough water or oil or smoke that it condensates on the side of your carb, runs down it and makes a puddle you have an issue. I live on the water and my boats may sit for weeks, if I saw that it would be time to start taking things apart looking for a head or intake gasket or a bad head. But thats just me.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

Milky discharge is a bad deal in ANY situation...
Old 09-07-2012, 02:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII
Milky discharge is a bad deal in ANY situation...
Agreed
Old 09-07-2012, 02:42 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
If it was the gimbel bearing wouldn't it make noise all the time. When the motor is running the shaft is always turning?
Adam, You know what a power steering issue sounds/whines like right?
When you say, "turn right and put it in gear and don't move the wheel you hear a noise" is this mean turned all the way to the right until the steering wheels stops and held there when putting it in gear? Is it a knock, whine, thump? Does the sound speed up when you give it gas, louder?
Having water coming out the PCV is NOT normal at all.
Is you PCV hose hooked to the outside of your flame arrester? Is there a PCV "valve" in the valve cover or is it just a hollow fitting? Look in the valve cover, see any white gue?
Bottom line is if you got enough water or oil or smoke that it condensates on the side of your carb, runs down it and makes a puddle you have an issue. I live on the water and my boats may sit for weeks, if I saw that it would be time to start taking things apart looking for a head or intake gasket or a bad head. But thats just me.
Grinding noise that is no longer present would be when the engine was in gear and the drive was turned. Whether it was a held turn or motionary. Gimbal was bad due to bad bellow. Was rusty. The noise was more of a growling noise felt in you feet.

The PVC valves .... I'm not getting water pooring out. I'm getting milky blow by on the front and oil coming out of the rear one. The front valve if you will is new on the front and not on the rear. They are not the small drop in valve as you would see on a newer automotive application but large push in canister like application. Probably will get another new one for the rear. I have plans for blown ls1 power plants for this winter
Old 09-07-2012, 10:44 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Adamcoover
Grinding noise that is no longer present would be when the engine was in gear and the drive was turned. Whether it was a held turn or motionary. Gimbal was bad due to bad bellow. Was rusty. The noise was more of a growling noise felt in you feet.

The PVC valves .... I'm not getting water pooring out. I'm getting milky blow by on the front and oil coming out of the rear one. The front valve if you will is new on the front and not on the rear. They are not the small drop in valve as you would see on a newer automotive application but large push in canister like application. Probably will get another new one for the rear. I have plans for blown ls1 power plants for this winter
You have a leaking intake gasket on that motor, it will cause milky build up in the top end, but still run okay. The water in the oil is there, but not a lot, but it will trash the bearings.