Torque Vs. Hp were should they peak??? >

Torque Vs. Hp were should they peak???

Notices

Torque Vs. Hp were should they peak???

Old 07-23-2002, 09:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Blown1100;

Yes, I pull out 6 degrees with a 175HP shot which is a lot of timing to pull out....but I'd rather be on the safe side. I run 32 degrees normally (without the retard) If you are going with the 300hp set-up I would start conservative (less power, more retard) and gradually work your way up to see how your motors are liking the NOS. I stepped mine up to 250hp and the motor was not taking it well so I got off it after about 4 seconds (I think I was getting into just a tad of Detonation at that power level, my conclusion from that experience is I need to run 100LL aviation fuel or 108 race gas to run NOS at that power level or above)

I'm sure you know this, but the CRITICAL thing is having enough fuel pump to supply the motor and plates.
Old 07-23-2002, 09:16 AM
Brad Perry

Wette,

I am hoping to have my engine running on the hose next weekend, maybe even get it wet. After I try it out, I'll let you know what my schedule can be regarding sending it to you. Right now, I'm in pretty deep with the wife on getting out to the lake so, I don't think she would want to hear something about not having a prop!!

Old 07-23-2002, 01:32 PM
bajah2x105

Wette Vette, I will give you a buzz about the prop. I will need it for 2 more weeks then if you are still interested I can send it. I'm going to buy the correct diameter very soon but in a 30p. That may be the one to try before you buy one. I know the pitch may be a bit too much for you, but it may help you with pitch selection if a Hydromotive is in the works. Talk to you soon! Scott

Old 07-23-2002, 10:38 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default That sounds great!

Just let me know when it is good for you guys and we can get in touch. Brad, that 29 may be to much prop for you now!!!
Hopefully you really zing it with your new combo. Keep us posted on how it works.