Anyone played with diesels???

Notices

Anyone played with diesels???

Old 10-10-2012, 06:33 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GTOKILLER
WOW! Nice job. sets in the water better then I thought it would with the weight of a couple diesels.
Thx ! THE weight is almost THE Same as BB s so that s why i chose the smaller 4.2 l and not the bigger 5.9 l which is 1/2 x heavier and the tq Will kill the bravo s.

This was the best choice to keep it simple and quite affordable
Old 10-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Makes sense! I passed up a boat a few years back that was 36' had twin M444's in it which are very similar engines to the 7.3 power strokes (Fords version) but after looking the were 1175lbs each dressed w intercoolers, & turbos.
It sagged in the water like a S-10 pickup with a house trailer hooked to it
Old 10-10-2012, 02:54 PM
bor
Registered

A friend of mine is redoing a 2000 40 outlaw and rigged it whit asd 8 s and yanmar 440 whit zf 2 speed transmissions hoping to hit the water next spring to test it ,c ant wait to see what it does !

there s a thread on serious offshore in the Baja owners form
Old 10-11-2012, 04:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...-diesel-8.html
Old 10-11-2012, 06:45 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bor
A friend of mine is redoing a 2000 40 outlaw and rigged it whit asd 8 s and yanmar 440 whit zf 2 speed transmissions hoping to hit the water next spring to test it ,c ant wait to see what it does !

there s a thread on serious offshore in the Baja owners form
so you said it does 72mph, how much fuel are you using wide open and at cruise speed, probably half of what gas engines use.
Old 10-11-2012, 11:30 AM
bor
Registered

Originally Posted by pstorti
so you said it does 72mph, how much fuel are you using wide open and at cruise speed, probably half of what gas engines use.
I didn t get a chance to look at that as I m still working to get my vesselview work properly on the diesels but there are not many people that can help me furter whit it .
Have talked directly whit brunswick belgium got a number from old employee and I can tell you there where not happy I called straight away !

They told me to bring it to a dealer and then they will sort it out for me ,yeah right at my cost ,I m not willing to pay for there learn time if they know what to do it s ok and I will pay for the labor .

think that I have it running this winter so can see what it does on the different rpm s .