Tunnel Ram & 2 4's

Notices

Tunnel Ram & 2 4's

Old 11-13-2017, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by F-2 Speedy
This would be bad azz, with a couple of the Holley billet 1000cfm TB's on top

Intake Manifolds - Chevy - Big-Block - Victor Series - Edelbrock, LLC.
That Eddy tunnel ram looks awesome and I have coveted it many times. Love how it is setup for port EFI already. I would love to run tunnel rams on my refreshed 502 if I stay NA.....but by the time you buy that pricey Eddy tunnel ram, top plate, two billet TB's, and fuel rails.....you could have just bought superchargers (used at least) and be done with it! Only thing I worry about with that is those ports look to have a mighty large CSA and would be lazy on a 502 or not match well with 320 heads.

Have y'all seen the new Holley Sniper sheet metal manifolds? They have one for BBC. Looks promising for marine, just wish they had an EFI version. Large plenum and even length runners.....They have plethora of single and dual 5150/4500 mounting options. Price is actually reasonable too, $470.
https://www.holley.com/products/inta...s/parts/835162
Old 11-13-2017, 04:03 PM
SB
Registered

Received 3,277 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Hope they are better than the fabricated one's for the small blocks. I think a donkey had sex with a chinaman and the mutant chinesedonkey kid designed and made it.

Old 11-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3,223 Likes on 1,439 Posts

LOL....^^^^^^ what a turd

Last edited by F-2 Speedy; 11-13-2017 at 04:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:25 PM
Registered

Received 144 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel
That Eddy tunnel ram looks awesome and I have coveted it many times. Love how it is setup for port EFI already. I would love to run tunnel rams on my refreshed 502 if I stay NA.....but by the time you buy that pricey Eddy tunnel ram, top plate, two billet TB's, and fuel rails.....you could have just bought superchargers (used at least) and be done with it! Only thing I worry about with that is those ports look to have a mighty large CSA and would be lazy on a 502 or not match well with 320 heads.

Have y'all seen the new Holley Sniper sheet metal manifolds? They have one for BBC. Looks promising for marine, just wish they had an EFI version. Large plenum and even length runners.....They have plethora of single and dual 5150/4500 mounting options. Price is actually reasonable too, $470.
Thats pretty interesting. I’ve been toggling between getting a Victor jr or RPM air gap, and this could be interesting. I doubt that they have an oval port version though.
Old 11-13-2017, 04:56 PM
Registered

Received 1,494 Likes on 808 Posts

Originally Posted by Gimme Fuel

Have not seen that one yet. I stopped looking as soon as I went and picked up my blowers from Dennis r but prior to then I was all over with my builds. You have no idea how many times I tried to sleep at night and all that would be on my mind was carbs, intakes, tunnel rams and blowers as well as 540-565. I without a doubt woulda stayed NA if my boat didn't weight near 10k. Still hoping I went the right direction.

Is there any any talk on any of the other forums on this one. Your right the price isn't bad at all. I was looking the dart and profiler. Both pricey but good. I don't even wanna think about how confused I was at the time. Newer edel evidently good results also.

I ended up less ci due to going the blower route otherwise I woulda went 565 with TR.

SB your spot on. Lol....

what rpm you going after?
Old 11-13-2017, 06:23 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Runners are too short - not a tunnel ram.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:12 PM
Registered

Not a tunnel ram but I'd put it in a in btwn category. Equal runner length with two 4150's would be fun to try. Most single planes runners suck. Ideally longer the better however height comes into play with most real TR's. The best single plane I've seen is the brodix sr20. Tall deck one.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:19 PM
Registered

I haven't been on holleys sight in a while but looks like their either spending some R&D time to to keep up with the competition or just making some slight changes to the little China men's and having them build to their specs and shipped over. Lol..
Old 11-14-2017, 10:21 AM
Registered

Received 127 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by getrdunn
I haven't been on holleys sight in a while but looks like their either spending some R&D time to to keep up with the competition or just making some slight changes to the little China men's and having them build to their specs and shipped over. Lol..
I'd suspect the latter haha. From what I can see, looks like they still have the original Holley/Weiand stuff at more expensive prices, then the new Sniper line of I would assume Chinesium parts that pass their quality control.

Funny thing is, they are now selling the 102mm LS TB's that are all over ebay with only their logo on them. Looks identical otherwise right down to the thick throttle blade and fat shaft which disrupts major airflow. I bought one last spring and a 4500 to LS adapter elbow and we put it on Articfriend's chinesium intake 548 dyno mule motor. Norm even reworked it majorly as stock wouldn't even flow over 900 cfm on his flow bench. Killed significant HP over the chinese 4500 flange TB.

I do like the looks of the Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT intake, however I think the 92mm TB opening would be limiting factor......and a proper 102-105mm monoblade TB that actually flows is as expensive as a good 4500 flange TB anymore.

Now, if a TPiS Aqua Lung TB could bolt on the front of the Pro-Flo I'd think you'd have something there.

No matter what way you look at it, it's expensive haha!
Old 11-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Registered

Couldn't agree more and noticed the same info you stated. I got to reading the LS guys forum last night. Fun to catch up on everything right now. Seems like so much is changing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.