Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Michigan Velocity Dealer >

Michigan Velocity Dealer

Notices

Michigan Velocity Dealer

Old 07-15-2002, 10:18 PM
waden54

Thumbs down Michigan Velocity Dealer

Anybody have any experience with these guys??

Last edited by waden54; 07-17-2002 at 02:46 PM.

Old 07-16-2002, 08:48 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Modern Marine in Kalamazoo....Jeff Ziglar is the sales guy one of the best guys in performance boats!never bought a boat from him but he still treats me great!!!!
Old 07-16-2002, 11:37 AM
Charter Member # 1083
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got parts and a couple buddies have had some service work done but, have not bought a boat from him. If I were in the market for a Velocity I'd definitly buy it from him.

I usually talk to him for hours at the Chicago boat show. I think he definitly knows his stuff. To bad he's not on the Board! I'm sure he's probably too busy.

Good luck,

Bob
Old 07-16-2002, 01:59 PM
MIKE S

Modern Marine and Jeff are great to deal with. Jeff definitely has a lot of knowledge about high performance boating. I bought a Velocity from them last year and have nothing but but the highest compliments for them. Jeff is a hard guy to get ahold of over the phone. Sometimes you just have to go there and see him.

Old 07-16-2002, 09:59 PM
Registered

Is Modern Marine the shop that was actually in Portage? It's been 7 years since I was there, but they were very helpful.
Old 07-16-2002, 10:25 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

D.K., that's the guy. Known him for many years. I also talk to him at the Chicago boat show every year. He and his father, who helps out at the boat show. Then I get to talk to him again at the Grand Rapids boat show. He's also a Sunsation dealer If I remember correctly.
Old 07-17-2002, 02:44 PM
waden54

The reason asked is that the following problem occured at this dealer. At this point they have done nothing to compensate me for the time and money it took to fix it. They won't talk to me, return my calls or emails. The dumb thing is, I just want them to pay for some of the parts and give a written guarantee on the motor. Apparently they are either broke, or simply don't care at all about their reputation.

Problem Fixed, Guess what it was?
First, thanks everyone for your help and ideas. I hope I can help someone else out down the road.

Problem= Buzzer beeping.

I went through everything. Electrical- checked and replaced etc. Water Intake-hoses, seawater pump, thermostat etc. Then went and bought a water pressure guage, no pressure. So I removed all, hoses, I mean all, to check for obstruction. All was clear, until I got to the hose for the circulating pump.

What fell out?, you ask.

Answer= a one-inch piece of fuel line hose, one-half of a black walnut, and a golf ball. Removed said items and went for a test run, all is well.
This is a brand new motor installed by dealer. Dealer admitted they recently fired a mechanic who probably sabataged my motor. Apparently I was the lucky guy.