Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Xr Prop Hubs >

Xr Prop Hubs

Notices

Xr Prop Hubs

Old 07-21-2002, 09:18 PM
mjuwalters

Default Xr Prop Hubs

I have a pair of 300 pro max with sportmasters and big propshafts and34'' 3bl cleavers Last season I had an on going problem with propshaft seals. It seams the plastic bushing in the back of the prop hub was walking back against the propshaft seals and burning them out. When I realized what was happening I called merc racing and talked to Bret Andersen. He said yes they were having problems and would send me two new style prop hubs with C clips. Well he called back two days later No he could not do that, see my dealer. $253 later I got new style prop hubs with c clips. Now. This year I have run the boat about 25hrs. I was doing maintenace on my lowers units , same problem. C clip gone plastic bushing ate prop seals water in lower unit. I guess I am lucky I did not blow gear case. Are any of you guys running the big propshafts in your bravos having this problem? Does any body in the after market make the big hubs, do they work better? This is making me crazy, I feel I will lose a lower sooner or later. Any suggestions?
Thanks Michael