Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Who in Michigan repairs Marine Air Systems? >

Who in Michigan repairs Marine Air Systems?

Notices

Who in Michigan repairs Marine Air Systems?

Old 07-24-2002, 06:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who in Michigan repairs Marine Air Systems?

I need my Marine air checked out to see whats wrong with it who in the Michigan area repairs and has parts for them? I have the unit out of the boat....Fred
Old 07-24-2002, 11:36 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fred bring it to Mast Heating and cooling in Zeeland they fixed mine last year....
Old 07-24-2002, 01:51 PM
Registered

Dyno, what did they have to fix on yours?....how's your engine doing?...sounded good last Sat......Fred
Old 07-24-2002, 02:38 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,110 Likes on 556 Posts
Question

Hey Fred, what exactly is wrong with it? Do you know?
I manufacture the cooling pumps for those units. It's a March Mag-drive pump. Most cases we see here are from impropper winterizing and the pump housing gets cracked. Or maybe the motor just failed....(doubt it though) Maybe i can help.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-24-2002, 03:50 PM
Registered

Hey Wally, good to hear from you, Haven't got in too deep with trouble shooting it yet but it does have proper freon charge and I have to see if the compressor is good or not next, it appears to have been replaced recently, (the compressor) but may not have been installed correctly, it worked for awhile, the compressor brand thats in it now is a Tecumseh, if its not that then it has to be one of the controls.....Fred
Old 07-24-2002, 06:30 PM
Registered

Hey Wally, I am just starting to install my system and I have a March pump AC-5C-MD. Can I install it vertically with the pump on the bottom??

Tom
Old 07-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Fred they put on a new compressor and charged it....a litle over $100 i think....The motor is O.K not great but O.K wish it held a little more ol pressure at an idle.....about 25lbs 40 at 3500rpm guess I wont have to winterize that one!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:18 AM
Registered

That motor should get you through this season.....it appears that my compressor is shot and the cheapest I've found one at is $165.00, I need to bring home my control panal for it this weekend unless I find a better repair deal up around that area....Fred
Old 07-25-2002, 09:40 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Originally posted by formula31
Hey Wally, I am just starting to install my system and I have a March pump AC-5C-MD. Can I install it vertically with the pump on the bottom??

Tom

You can but i wouldnt recomend it. You run the risk of getting air trapped in the houseing near the mag-drive and it would airate and pump nothing. If you need to mount it vertically, do so with the pump on top. And also make sure the pump is below the waterline of the boat cause they are not self primeing but they are OK to run dry. Hope that helps ya.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-25-2002, 09:43 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Cool

formula31, If your having issues with the outlet fitting on the pump you can unscrew it and rotate it to a position that better suits you without a problem.

Quick Reply: Who in Michigan repairs Marine Air Systems?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.