Trs Drive Parts >

Trs Drive Parts

Notices

Trs Drive Parts

Old 07-29-2002, 02:12 PM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 1,001 Likes on 509 Posts

I had my TRS drives rebuilt by Marc at BAM. Granted im not doing 600HP.......closer to 450+ but they are rock solid after almost 4 years. He even straightened out the prop shaft cause it was not perfectly straight!
As for parts.....i would try BAM on that one too. If he dont have it in stock i think Dollar Offshore will have it. Ive had great luck with them in the past!

I blew up a lower gear and found them the next day on the net. Called them up and had it next dayed out to me so i can leave for LOTO that night!!! I slapped it together and it lasted all weekend. And that was without checking any clearences!!! After that weekend i sent both drives to BAM and they have been perfect ever since!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 07-30-2002, 07:52 PM
dockmech

the bottom half seams to be ok on this trs it is the top that keeps blowing the cover right off. I could under stand if we were running this in rough water, but the water here is so flat drive problems are far and few . maybe a problem with the case.

Old 07-30-2002, 08:30 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 166 Likes on 94 Posts

The lower is the weak area on the TRS, the uppers seldom go. Could be an assembly issue. What cover blows off?

At this point most of the parts are still available.
Old 07-31-2002, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought someone said there was a new drive (Konrad??) that bolted to the TRS gimble?

-Greg
Old 07-31-2002, 09:14 PM
dockmech

the back cover on top not the top cover. I agree that it might be in the assy. like I said before it is run in flat calm water they should be lasting longer. we will half to take it apart and mike the components , see what happened and or have some one that really knows these drives take a look. summer is getting short and this boat does not look good in the yard.

Old 08-03-2002, 01:41 PM
FireCapt911

Has anyone ever used this company for lower housing repair?
This may save a few TRS housings.

www.precisionmfgsales.com