Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
....It's for certain now......meltdown !! >

....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Notices

....It's for certain now......meltdown !!

Old 08-29-2002, 12:07 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Amen, Turbo!!! I do ask for someone informed of my installation at PC, last week I was talking to "Brian"- the hell on wheels tech that knows everything!! Hogwash !!! Balderdash!! (how's that folks? !!) Brian was wrong about everything I asked him!! You are right, I used to talk to Mike or Mark.... now they knew their stuff, not so today.... It's sad, but true everywhere I guess.....
But on the positive side, they did speak english as a "1st" lanquage!!
Old 08-29-2002, 04:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe my regulator is a vortech and mounted right to the front of the fuel rail. Isn't this where the factory one is usually mounted? Seems odd PC would have you relocate it to the bulk head. What a pain! Glad you are getting things worked out.
Old 09-09-2002, 08:54 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ray panic !! I just got back from my Labor Day weekend last night.... it was GREAT!!!
To clear up any misunderstanding here..... I asked PC if I COULD mount the regulator on the bulkhead and they said I could put it antwhere, no problem. Needless to say it WAS a BIG problem.
Now everything works great.

A word now about AEROMOTIVE tech Brett !!

When I went to the last a week ago last Thursday, Brett called me at the lake to discuss this again..... he also called me after he received my rebuilt defect pump.... he called me again..... it tested fine on the bench, even though it tested differently than the replacement he sent me...... He had also called PC Brian to advise him of the bad advise he was giving!!!

I am impressed with AEROMOTIVE tech assist.....great attitude.
Old 09-09-2002, 07:50 PM
Charter Member #601
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

blown formula,
I am glad to hear you finially had a good weekend. Sounds like all this chatter on OSO has made the guys at Aeromotive respond with great intensity.. I have been following your progress and success. I have learned a few things from your discussions with others. Thank you for the input.
I have been running a Paxton pump for a few years and quickly checked the filter for junk and none was found. Being naturally aspriated I dont run into some of the problems that you guys have, but the fuel supply basics are the same and good to know. When I contacted Paxton a few years ago about designing a fuel system they were very helpful. I am limited in horsepower so I have a bit of a fudge factor, but so far the EFI has not bit me. This summer it has stayed running, and I hope to make some refinements this winter to keep it running..
Thanks for the lively discussion!!

Happy Boating with good pressure!!

Dick