350 mag carb version roller or not ? >

350 mag carb version roller or not ?

Notices

350 mag carb version roller or not ?

Old 08-02-2013, 07:44 PM
Registered

Received 115 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by FIXX
its a non vortec so i doubt it will have a roller cam..all you need to do is pull a valve cover and look through one of the holes in the head..if you see the dogbones around the lifters then its a roller but i dont think they were those years..
Wrong. Vortec heads have nothing to do with the roller availability. 1996 was the first year for Merc Vortec heads. I have a 1995 Mag EFI motor and it was a roller cam and cast internals. As stated roller motors were very prevalent with the late model 1 piece rear main seal.
Old 08-02-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Trash
Wrong. Vortec heads have nothing to do with the roller availability. 1996 was the first year for Merc Vortec heads. I have a 1995 Mag EFI motor and it was a roller cam and cast internals. As stated roller motors were very prevalent with the late model 1 piece rear main seal.
whatever dude!!! the last 4 i have worked on were a 1990 350 260 hp,,,no roller...a 1992 350 350 mag no roller a 1994 350 mag no roller and a late 1995 350 mag,,had vortec heads and it had a roller cam so take it up with merc...they were all freezers..