Roller Lifter Shortage? >

Roller Lifter Shortage?

Notices

Roller Lifter Shortage?

Old 08-06-2002, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That's interesting Mike!

I wonder where my 99377s will come from...drop shipped from Gary's perhaps??
Old 08-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Toxic FORMULA
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the same problem back in February while trying to get hyd.rollers for a pair of 540's. Could get all the solid rollers I wanted , but that wouldn't help. Tried Comp Cams , Crane , Crower , Jegs , Summit. All had the same story This held up my engines for this year , because when boating season is here I'm boatin' not changing engines (unless I HAVE to)
Old 08-06-2002, 07:04 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Skinny on Lifters

There were 2 companies making the Hydraulic Roller lifters for just about everybody in the business. One company got extremely over extended giving people longer terms to pay. When a company that had owed them somewhere in the mid 6 figures filled bankruptcy. This left only one company to deal with the demand of all the aftermarket, and OEM business. Since the majority of these style of lifters are used in SBC these where the first to be retooled. BBC stuff is waiting until later. This all happend earlier this season. I had ordered a set from Crane in January, got them back in May.

They are around if you find out exactly what your engine builder wants you should be able to find a set some where in this country. Be prepared some people are gouging for them.

Can't blame a guy for being picky about the parts he uses, it's his name and reputation if it doesn't work.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:09 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ran into the same problem this past winter with Crane. I needed to replace 2 pair of roller lifters and NO one had any in stock. Everyone was at least 3 months B/O. I ended up calling Crane themselves and explained I just needed 2 pair soon as I had dyno time scheduled. They assembled them and shipped them to my front door next day! The little sweet talk and flirting with chicky on phone probably did the trick.
Old 08-06-2002, 11:21 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn,

wrong time to wipe out a cam.!!! Jegs told me the 99277-16 lifters I ordered were on back order with no eta. I am going to try to find another place in the morning.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:15 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got mine from Teague custom marine in May when Jegs, Summit, and PAW were backordered. They had them in stock Crane hyd. rollers for gen V block. Greg
Old 08-07-2002, 03:09 PM
Registered

Did the company make just the rollers? the 99377's and the 99277's Sean and CDF-12 mentioned are not rollers, just hydraulic flat tappets. Are they in short supply too? They cams in my motors did not match so I have been considering going to rollers just to keep the boat running while docking.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:28 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I just ordered a Crane hydraulic roller cam (168741) and lifters from Summit. I got the lifters in three days, and the cam followed two days later.
Old 08-08-2002, 03:15 PM
Registered

Cignificant,
That is the same cam I'm looking at but the Crane site has me confused. This is at the bottom of the Cam card
CRANE 16535-16 LONG TRAVEL HYDRAULIC ROLLER-
LIFTERS MUST BE USED WITH GREATER THAN .570
LIFT CAMSHAFTS TO PREVENT ALIGNMENT BAR-
DISENGAGEMENT.
Then the spec page says this.

16535-16 b
b For use with standard GM alignment bars. Required for use with camshafts having greater than stock lobe lift, (.335").

13532-16 c
c Vertical locking bar hydraulic roller lifters, no machining required.
I take this to mean unless my block originally came with GM hydraulic rollers, I can't use this cam. That doesn't make sense.

Doesn't Crane make hydraulic roller lifters that are their design (vertical locking bar) that works with cams over .570" lift ?
Old 08-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Registered

Maybe they meant to say...

If you have a block that came with the GM rollers, you need the 16535 lifters.

If not then use the 13532 lifters.
What lifters did you order Cignificant, and what have you got for engines?

Quick Reply: Roller Lifter Shortage?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.