Combo oil/powersteering coolers >

Combo oil/powersteering coolers

Notices

Combo oil/powersteering coolers

Old 12-17-2013, 05:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Combo oil/powersteering coolers

Currently I am running the cooler pictured above. Each cooler is 2" in diameter and 9" long. The inlet and outlets for water are 1.25".
The company that makes this cooler is Sen Dure. They do make the same cooler that is 12" long. I am looking for a cooler that
has more capacity. Ideal would be a similar 9" cooler that has 3" tubes as this would make plumbing easy. I'm not sure if increasing the length of the cooler 3" would result in
a huge drop in oil tempatures. I'm hoping for a 20+ degree drop in oil temps. Suggestions?

Last edited by Wes Burmark; 12-17-2013 at 05:52 PM. Reason: messed up pix!
Old 12-20-2013, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 398 Likes on 229 Posts

Adding 3" adds 33% more cooling than you have now. If all you need is another 20 degrees, I would be comfortable with the larger cooler. If your looking for a different cooler try www.mrcool.us they have all kinds and can help you select the right cooler for your application.
Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 168 Likes on 96 Posts

Actually changing from a 2" to a 3" more that doubles the capacity per inch of length. But that is way overkill for the steering side. You would be better off with an inline cooler, the power steering section will pretty much be the shortest they can build.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:00 PM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 18 Posts

A 2" cooler has approx. 25-30 tubes in it. A 3" cooler has approx. 75-80 tubes in it. So, as you can see, a 3" cooler has quite a bit more capacity. As Mark said, you don't need nearly that much cooler for the P/S. Just go to Mr Cool and get a 3" x 12" for the oil and a 3" x 8" for the P/S. We generally put the oil cooler across the back, just above the bell housing, and the P/S cooler on the lower port side of the engine. Hope this helps.
Eddie