Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

thats awesome!!
Old 04-01-2014, 07:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HyFive578
thats awesome!!
it is awesome Neil, but will be more awesome when they are in the boat and the temp hits at least the 70's......
Old 04-01-2014, 07:21 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
it is awesome Neil, but will be more awesome when they are in the boat and the temp hits at least the 70's......
That video makes me want dry tails What did the neighborhood think of that thing running in a driveway? hahaha
Old 04-01-2014, 07:27 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
That video makes me want dry tails What did the neighborhood think of that thing running in a driveway? hahaha
That is EXACTLY what I told Vinny, how can I run dry exhaust ? And as for the neighbor, he actually cracked a smile but I'm pretty sure the rest of his neighbors hate us........
Old 04-01-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 9 Posts

That is EXACTLY what I told Vinny, how can I run dry exhaust ? And as for the neighbor, he actually cracked a smile but I'm pretty sure the rest of his neighbors hate us........
You can buy the tails from CMI, you will lose your silent choice if you have it. Also now would be the time to remove the exhaust diverters for silent and install the block off plates on the inner transom housing.
Old 04-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hear you John... I check the weather EVERY day just waiting for glimpse of a day in the 60's so I can go for a shakedown run...
Old 04-01-2014, 05:27 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 4bus
You can buy the tails from CMI, you will lose your silent choice if you have it. Also now would be the time to remove the exhaust diverters for silent and install the block off plates on the inner transom housing.
There is no silent choice on this set up, only shot gun silencers hanging off the transom. We have the tails, just didnt have them around yesterday. As far as the neighbors..... who cares!! I wanted to run the engine by my garage , but my wife was crying that I have shaken the house before and she didnt want to have it again. So, we wheeled the engine down the driveway and pointed the exhaust to my neighbors house.
Old 04-29-2014, 10:17 AM
MarineKinetics
Platinum Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Vinnie,

Great fab work on the closed cooling, the routing and packaging looks like OEM level work! Your attention to detail with this project is the same as goes into your engine builds.
I can picture the women and children running for cover every time your garage door opens!

Bob
Old 04-29-2014, 01:17 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Vinnie,

Great fab work on the closed cooling, the routing and packaging looks like OEM level work! Your attention to detail with this project is the same as goes into your engine builds.
I can picture the women and children running for cover every time your garage door opens!

Bob
You know it's a good build when children and animals cower in fear every time you start it up! A buddy of mine used to like to watch everyone in the water jump when he would light off his blown 502 with dry headers. Keeps everyone ALERT.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:32 PM
I hate the winter!!
Platinum Member

Thanks Bob... Coming from a man of your experience and knowledge makes me feel like I got it right. Having the neighbors run away, is a product of living here. Not having enough room is a hinderance.
Hopefully, we will have this set up tested on the water real soon. I will post the results.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.