502 to 540 build >

502 to 540 build

Notices

502 to 540 build

Old 04-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 139 Likes on 84 Posts

VTEC isn't running TBI. He's running port FI with a dry TB - no fuel to get pushed out the shafts cause no fuel in the system until bout the time it enters the heads. MegaSquirt is a good unit - inexpensive, flexible, easy to tune, pretty reliable from my experience.
Old 04-29-2014, 08:28 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mcollinstn
VTEC isn't running TBI. He's running port FI with a dry TB - no fuel to get pushed out the shafts cause no fuel in the system until bout the time it enters the heads. MegaSquirt is a good unit - inexpensive, flexible, easy to tune, pretty reliable from my experience.
Correct.

The engine was already in the boat with the blower as a blow thru setup with a custom done carb in the pain in the @$$ ProCharger carb box and then we switched it over to the port FI and megasquirt.

We didn't dyno tune the motor since it was already in the boat and did all the tuning on the water with a wideband. My dad (ezstriper) started a whole thread about wideband sensors when we kept killing them with water. Its either here or in the General Boating section.

We just ran it on the hose at first to get the start up and idle tune where we could drive it and sort out the bugs, then on to the water!
Old 04-30-2014, 02:17 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by TooLateVTEC
Correct.

The engine was already in the boat with the blower as a blow thru setup with a custom done carb in the pain in the @$$ ProCharger carb box and then we switched it over to the port FI and megasquirt.

We didn't dyno tune the motor since it was already in the boat and did all the tuning on the water with a wideband. My dad (ezstriper) started a whole thread about wideband sensors when we kept killing them with water. Its either here or in the General Boating section.

We just ran it on the hose at first to get the start up and idle tune where we could drive it and sort out the bugs, then on to the water!
Thanks. I have heard that those boxes can be a pain.. What port system did he end up going with? So I take it the system you are using does not use an o2 sensor to correct or auto tune while under way.(open loop as we called it back in the day). I will try and find the wideband thread thread.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tbanzer
Thanks. I have heard that those boxes can be a pain.. What port system did he end up going with? So I take it the system you are using does not use an o2 sensor to correct or auto tune while under way.(open loop as we called it back in the day). I will try and find the wideband thread thread.
TBanzer. How is the build going ?
Old 08-24-2015, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

In process. Short blocks together.and I have cnc ported AFR heads and the valve train ready to assemble. The build got behind early and my priorities changed. Looks like im going with a holley fi unit Limited time now and the motor in the boats still running strong. Maybe Ill get it done for next season.

Last edited by tbanzer; 08-24-2015 at 09:22 PM.