Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Technical > General Q & A
Hey ProCharger Guys, Question.... >

Hey ProCharger Guys, Question....

Notices

Hey ProCharger Guys, Question....

Old 08-26-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Hey ProCharger Guys, Question....

Regarding the oil return line. It seems PC is fairly adamant about returning to the pan in a gravity fed type of setup exiting just above the oil level.
I was reading in the newest Family and Performance Magazine about the install of a Vortech system and they show the oil return going to the valve cover the same as a Whipple setup. Does anyone know of a reason that this wouldn’t work on a PC?
I’m still a bit squeamish about poking a hole in the pan.
Thanks,
Dave
Old 08-26-2002, 03:14 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It sounds fine except for one small detail...... the PC drains by gravity more or less. The valve cover is above the PC drain line. OOOPPPPSSS !!! Don't worry about it !! Do as the PC guys say and flush the pan. I recently had a distributor gear destroy itself & Mercury said "change the oil" and go on!! The is a nmagnet in the pan that can catch that stuff also. Go for it!!
Old 08-26-2002, 08:26 PM
bajah2x105

Follow blown's direction. I've seen some Vortech blowers to the valve cover but in most cases the Vortech brackets seem to set the blower at a higher level than the ProCharger. That may be one of the reasons that the Vortech's can get away with that. My blower(PC) oil return line is barely level with my valve cover. Good luck with the pan punching and take your time.

Old 08-27-2002, 07:05 AM
Offshore Addiction

are you sure there isnt a port in the pan towards the front top starboard side of your pan.....ther usually is with the oil pans GM designates for mercruiser use..

Old 08-27-2002, 06:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, it is true that where the PC drains it is lower than the valve cover.
I did however, put my first PC back to the valve cover but I constructed the brackets and such that it was higer. It did work fine.

My stage 4 kit I went back to the pan.

DAVE